Street Vendor Question

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Does anyone know how much or what percentage of each item sold the street vendors get for selling phone cards and newspapers?

Larry

Ruffino1974

Jun 7, 2003
Larry,
can't say exactly what they get and you probally won't get a straight answer..alot are contractors or sub-contractors or partners with their own deals among themselves..

What I can say is that both verizon and codetel are now paying 8% commission to us when we sell their cards in our shops. The rep. says that the deal is fixed and everyone gets the same...so if you believe that the person who is getting the cards directly from the company is probally getting 8% also.

Hope this helps..

Rich

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Ruffino1974 said:
Larry,
can't say exactly what they get and you probally won't get a straight answer..alot are contractors or sub-contractors or partners with their own deals among themselves..

What I can say is that both verizon and codetel are now paying 8% commission to us when we sell their cards in our shops. The rep. says that the deal is fixed and everyone gets the same...so if you believe that the person who is getting the cards directly from the company is probally getting 8% also.

Hope this helps..

Rich

Rich,

Thank you very much.

Any more info from anyone appreciated.

Larry

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
we are getting

Larry said:
Does anyone know how much or what percentage of each item sold the street vendors get for selling phone cards and newspapers?

Larry
8 % on phone cards sold in our store in SD
JOHN

Ruffino1974

Jun 7, 2003
yes..we were also getting 10 % originally...they have recently all reduced the commissions to 8%...

Rich

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Ok, thanks everyone for the info.

I assume the vendors on the street are getting the same 8% commission for selling phone cards.

Larry

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Larry said:
I assume the vendors on the street are getting the same 8% commission for selling phone cards. Larry
Unless they are subcontracting the cards from a local store i.e., their wife's uncle's sister's colmado. They may be splitting the 8%.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In the capital at least, most of them are issued promotional uniforms and all sorts of corporate accessories, so I would guess they're in direct contact with the companies. Colmados only get the display cases.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Chirimoya said:
In the capital at least, most of them are issued promotional uniforms and all sorts of corporate accessories, so I would guess they're in direct contact with the companies. Colmados only get the display cases.
In Puerto Plata they look like squeegee guys with a side-line. Usually displaying the cards on a stick with clips.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Chirimoya said:

Right, I assume they deal directly with the companies but I will just ask one of them myself how much he is getting.....He probably wont know....lol.

Larry

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's possible there could be middlemen who deal directly with the companies and farm out the cards and the uniforms to the vendors.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Larry said:

Larry

Bumping this thread in case anyone might not have seen it before and know for sure what % the guys on the street are getting.

I think this evening I will approach a few and ask them directly. I was hoping to avoid that as I expect to be recieved with puzzled looks.:squareeye

Larry