How to get to Paradise Island from Imbert??

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
i have searched dr1 but could not find specific info on where and how
do i get to paradise island? in what province is this island in? can someone
post details about this island? where, how, what.

this is going on your own, not through resort or tour guide.

thnx

THE GAME

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
If you are talking about the place in Punta Rusia in Puerto Plata province - it is really called Cayo Arena. One tour company has simply decided to call it paradise island for their marketing purposes.

From Imbert you'll head in the direction of the tunnel. The first turnoff to the right, close to Imbert and on that road, is to Luperon. The second turnof through the cane fields is signposted for Guananico (sp). Take that turnoff. Somewhere along the road in a village, there is a sharp right turn with a 'sleeping policeman' diagonally across the road. Hop on over the sleeping policeman and hang a right around that corner. Then, after a few miles through the mountains, you'll get to a town on top of the mountain, where you can only go towards your right - go with the road and you?ll find the first road sign for Punta Rusia. Ask for directions to Punta Rusia in every little village as I don't remember every twist and turn. After this rain, the road will be quite washed out and I don't believe you'll get through without a 4-wheel drive vehicle until it dries up.

In Punta Rusia, you can take a boat to Cayo Arena which is really a small sandspit with a few cana roof structures and lots of snorkling. Come back and tell us about the damage to the reef out there.

For lunch, head on over to Elsa's comedor on Playa Ensenada and have some of the best Dominican tipical seafood ever. Don't eat at the German?s place in the Village - he is way expensive and Elsa deserves your money more. If you want to sleep over, go out of the village toward playa ensenada and keep your eyes open for an eroded sign, saying simply Zimmer. This is opposite the only gomero in the area. Go up there and look for the frenchman Marcos and his lady Guertie at Casitamariposa. They have a few nice and clean rooms with breakfast and an evening meal. There is nowhere else decent where you can get an evening meal.

An alternative route is to go through the tunnel and turn to your right at Navarete. Travel for about 1 hour until you find Villa Elisa. Turn right at Villa Elisa and follow the road right into Punta Rusia. This may be the better route for these conditions, but 4-wheel drive as well.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Chris said:
If you are talking about the place in Punta Rusia in Puerto Plata province - it is really called Cayo Arena. One tour company has simply decided to call it paradise island for their marketing purposes.

From Imbert you'll head in the direction of the tunnel. The first turnoff to the right, close to Imbert and on that road, is to Luperon. The second turnof through the cane fields is signposted for Guananico (sp). Take that turnoff. Somewhere along the road in a village, there is a sharp right turn with a 'sleeping policeman' diagonally across the road. Hop on over the sleeping policeman and hang a right around that corner. Then, after a few miles through the mountains, you'll get to a town on top of the mountain, where you can only go towards your right - go with the road and you?ll find the first road sign for Punta Rusia. Ask for directions to Punta Rusia in every little village as I don't remember every twist and turn. After this rain, the road will be quite washed out and I don't believe you'll get through without a 4-wheel drive vehicle until it dries up.

In Punta Rusia, you can take a boat to Cayo Arena which is really a small sandspit with a few cana roof structures and lots of snorkling. Come back and tell us about the damage to the reef out there.

For lunch, head on over to Elsa's comedor on Playa Ensenada and have some of the best Dominican tipical seafood ever. Don't eat at the German?s place in the Village - he is way expensive and Elsa deserves your money more. If you want to sleep over, go out of the village toward playa ensenada and keep your eyes open for an eroded sign, saying simply Zimmer. This is opposite the only gomero in the area. Go up there and look for the frenchman Marcos and his lady Guertie at Casitamariposa. They have a few nice and clean rooms with breakfast and an evening meal. There is nowhere else decent where you can get an evening meal.

An alternative route is to go through the tunnel and turn to your right at Navarete. Travel for about 1 hour until you find Villa Elisa. Turn right at Villa Elisa and follow the road right into Punta Rusia. This may be the better route for these conditions, but 4-wheel drive as well.

oh ok thnx for that info. I have heard about Punta Russia. I think you can also go to punta russia via luperon and then isabela... but that you have to cross a river and also need 4x4.