Hi, I'm New & have some questions

JERSEY DAVE

Feb 14, 2006
HI ALL!! We're (My Dominican wife & I, we're in our mid 40's) going to DR in April, Planning on Flying into Santo Domingo, spending a couple of days in the city, visiting her family, then Having her brother drive us to Punta Cana for a 4 nite stay.
1; How long of a drive is it?
2; I booked "Allegro Punta Cana - All Inclusive" But am having 2nd thoughts after reading some reviews, (and can get out of it for a $25 cancelation fee) Have been looking for something else all inclusive, fairly cheap, but nice, and have been looking at "Iberostar Bavaro" Seems nicer? Any opinions on either of these properties? or other suggestions? Bavaro is considered "Punta Cana" is'nt it? My Wife wants to stay in "Punta Cana".
3; Hows the weather late April?

Thats all I can think of for now, Thanks

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
1. I heard 4 hours. Drive in the day. Only. (Old-timers will correct me!)

2. I have heard from friends that all Iberostars are nice. They are a Spanish chain. Nice.

3. Hot.

Have fun!

JERSEY DAVE

Feb 14, 2006
Thanks, samanasuenos.
I heard 4 hours too, not too bad. I may keep my original deal with Allegro Punta Cana , turns out the price I thought for 2, was a per person deal. And I'm trying to stay at my original price plan or at least close.

samanasuenos said:
1. I heard 4 hours. Drive in the day. Only. (Old-timers will correct me!)

2. I have heard from friends that all Iberostars are nice. They are a Spanish chain. Nice.

3. Hot.

Have fun!