Off and Driving, need info.

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
I have decided to get out of dodge for a few days and go east (young man).
I am going to leave my little nest in Bonao and drive down and around the Capital. If I can get to the other side I want to explore the coastal towns between Boca Chica and La Romana. So, what I need from all the trusted DR1 sources is.....first I would like to stay over night in Boca Chica then maybe La Romana. Reversing and head back the same route while trying to concentrate on the places that appeared the best. I kinda want to move down that direction in the very near future. I need motel references in at least those two towns and opinions on that part of the country. I would like to end up on or near the water (Caribbean) in a place that is serene scenic and the S word (safe for a gringo). I have been here for a while, but every time I change locations I start anew with the feeling that all eyes are upon me. Tell me please, favorite motels, beaches, local food stops and areas that you have found interesting. .....

Sep 19, 2005
last time i gave driving information over that way...i was chastized

so first are you a woman over 50? if yes

then you are on your own

if no, then I would say..I think you wouldhav eit worse off living over that way than you have it in banao. Have you heard some of the gringo tales from the boca chica area? I am sure that as time goes by peope are excepted...juts look at al the europeans in Sosua and caberette.. maybe there are evn some over where you want to go....but i bet it takes time in those areas...

being looked at is one thing...being EYED is another

in the tourist areas, no one looks at you...they may eye you up and down, for bad reasons.
Off the beaten path they LOOK AT you.. they want to see you.

anyway thats the way i have seen it, but the truth is you probably know more than me about it anyway!!!!! ha ha ha

good luck

bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey Sailor!

Do you want driving instructions or where to stay?? If the latter, please use our wonderful SEARCH function. There are, apparently, a couple of places to stay in Boca Chica. (Not that I'd ever stay there)

Also, you might want to send a PM to MommC (Deborah) and ask her. She knows the area far better than any of us...

Finally, Don't stop at just La Romana, keep on going over to Punta Cana and B?varo! Liver it up! THEN you will have seen the South Shore, and can make a better decision.

Tell us all about the trip, too, Huh??

Thanks,

HB :D:D:D:D