building a house

diego200

Jan 30, 2006
I'm planning to build a house, si I'm looking for a builder.

All the websites I found had the same house's plan.

Do you know serious company in the Sosua area

Thank you

On Vacation!
Feb 18, 2005
Depending on how much time you have to supervice your home being built. I would not recomend any of the current builders in the Sosua area. i started looking to build 2 years ago and after spending many months here looking at current homes being built and asking alot of question. It became clear that the best way to build a house here is to handle all the details your self and not rely on a builder. I started a few months ago on my constrution and will be staying down here for aleast 6 more months to contiune supervising every aspect of the build. I have built a 1100 sq foot 3 bedroom 2 bath bunglow that is about 80 per cent complete now and i have only spent $35000 us including land cost and furnishing.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Great blog

Wow that would have made a great blog.
It would have be very interesting and informative to read about what you went through.
Hifiman

diego

Aug 16, 2003
canadian bob said:
An excellent builder is Eriberto Polanco, Cel # 1-809-696-8849.
Canadian Bob.

I called him a few months ago to give me a quote, he cancelled 3 times and at the day of the apointment he was 2 hours late. No thank you.

I now do as 680680 does and do the hiring of Workers and buying of material myself. I am adding about 100 sq mtr to my house and had Builder estimates ranging from $35.000 to $60.000 actual cost so far about 18.000 for finished construction including the windows. Tiles and doors are next.

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
House Building Blog

Hifiman, that's a great suggestion. Is there anyone currently building or planning to build a house who can document all the details of the project for the benefit of us all. A blog would be nice but entries in a thread would do just fine too. I know that this is something I will undertake myself at some point - that's when I'm almost ready to retire which is about 20 years away.

PAWA

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
I used Hispaniola Real estate to build me a 4 bedroom, 3 bath in Perla Marina while being away from the DR full-time. I am more than pleased with the outcome. I am contracting them to do another 4 bedroom, 3 bath starting in march. I would recommend them but they don't build for the prices mentionned i other posts. 809-571-2727.

Let me know if you need more help. I ONLy have experience in contracting out not building myself.

G

gary short

680680 said:
Depending on how much time you have to supervice your home being built. I would not recomend any of the current builders in the Sosua area. i started looking to build 2 years ago and after spending many months here looking at current homes being built and asking alot of question. It became clear that the best way to build a house here is to handle all the details your self and not rely on a builder. I started a few months ago on my constrution and will be staying down here for aleast 6 more months to contiune supervising every aspect of the build. I have built a 1100 sq foot 3 bedroom 2 bath bunglow that is about 80 per cent complete now and i have only spent $35000 us including land cost and furnishing.
Just curious. How much of the 35k is the construction cost.

carolina_llibre

Feb 13, 2006
You can contact, Architec Johanne Checo cel 1 809 299 6602, He is an architect and can help you with all your needs.

Good luck.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I always recommend Mairen? Bournigal and his partner Manuel Dur?n. They own Dep?sito Ferretero in POP and have done a lot of work in the area. At least give them a call.

HB:D:D