Looking For a Hotel/Caba?a (Didn't know where to post)

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
I'm going to Santiago, DR from July 28th to July 31st and I'm trying to find websites for hotels or caba?as. So far, I just found el Hotel Gran Almirante, but that's $140 a night, I want something cheaper, but I just wanna know if anyone of you guys know websites with rates for the different hotels/motels in Santiago.
Thanks in advance!

Flakko

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I agree the Hotel Platino is a nice hotel for the buck. Just don't get the standard room, it's about the size of a postage stamp. Also, when making your reservation ask about the corporate rate and/or any weekend specials. You'll save about 20%.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Flakko said:
I'm going to Santiago, DR from July 28th to July 31st and I'm trying to find websites for hotels or caba?as. So far, I just found el Hotel Gran Almirante, but that's $140 a night, I want something cheaper, but I just wanna know if anyone of you guys know websites with rates for the different hotels/motels in Santiago.
Thanks in advance!

Flakko

Hi there,

The standard room at the Gran Almirante is $105 per night. But if you show your business card, then you will get a corporate discount. So it will be around $85 per night.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
The standard room at the Gran Almirante is $105 per night. But if you show your business card, then you will get a corporate discount. So it will be around $85 per night.
Does that include taxes?

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
rellosk said:
Does that include taxes?

Hi there :)

That does not include tax. I think tax is 15%.

I stayed at this hotel last October for five nights, six days.

I used the internet (200 pesos an hour) several times, drank a few bottles from the mini bar in the hotel room, and made several international calls.

The total bill came out to around $490 USD. I expected it to be more.

I think it is best if you send them an email for the best rate available.