Contact Info

awdragon

Feb 16, 2006
hi. my gf and i are headed to the DR for the first time. we're staying in cabarete at hotel kaoba for about a week. we're landing in santo domingo next thursday.

to get to cabarete from the airport, the bus to sosua seems like the best bet, and then a cab to cabarete. we're pretty broke for this trip so it's going to be a very tight budget! a couple of dumb mistakes and we'll be stuck eating coconuts for the week.

anyway, i'd like to get RAMBO and/or Wilson's number(s). we're hoping to make a day trip someplace while we're there. can anyone help? i remember their names from earlier posts, but can't seem to find #'s.

i'll probably post something else soon with specific other questions.

thanks a lot. this forum is great. i went through a stage of nervousness after talking to lots of people who know nothing about the place, but who have imagined it to be a certain way. i can't wait to prove them wrong! this site has been a big help already.

awd

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What you will need to do is to walk out to the highway, cross the road, and wait until a guagua or publico come by. If it has a taxi sign, wave it on its way. You will know a guagua if it is a van or a bus and has a lot of people in it. Publicos have a red box on top that says Sosua-Puerto Plata.

If you take the guagua, you can go all the way to Cabarete. If you take the publico, go to the end then walk a few steps to a car with a blue box to go to Cabarete.

This is the cheapest way to get there if you don't have a lot of luggage and can walk to the highway.

Wilson's cell phone is 1-809-429-2110