Why can't DR1 save my password?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I can't seem to save my password on dr1. I always put it in and check on the box to memorize it but whenever I restart the system, I have to put in the password all over again.
please help.
windows xp, home edition.
AZB

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I don't have a problem. I use multiple flavors of XP. Do you have the same problem with other sites that require passwords?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have not messed with the cookie setting at all. All at default settings.
i also can't seem to store favorite radio stations in media player. You think I have messed up in sp2 update? Do I have to reinstall the whole windows again? I also can't seem to log on to yahoo messenger. it logs on and logs off at the same time.
AZB

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
AZB said:
I have not messed with the cookie setting at all. All at default settings.
i also can't seem to store favorite radio stations in media player. You think I have messed up in sp2 update? Do I have to reinstall the whole windows again? I also can't seem to log on to yahoo messenger. it logs on and logs off at the same time.
AZB
There are some bad SP2's. Download it again http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx and install it. Your problems will be solved. Let me know so I can send you a bill.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
thanks eddy, now that you have mentioned, I think it maybe the bad sp2 install. All problems started after sp2 install.
AZB

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
AZB, I am sure your browser is accepting cookies, right? You might just need to lower your security settings in IE, or else just download firefox and try with that, firefox is a little more intelligent about letting you actually use the internet while looking out for your security at the same time.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Maybe SP2 is your problem, if not then check a couple of things.

If you are using Mozilla firefox, go to Tools. Click on Settings at the bottom of the page with the History Tab. If you have the box checked that says Clear Private Data When Closing Firefox, look above and see if you have the Saved Passwords box checked.

If you are using IE, check your Privacy settings.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
its internet explorer. Its not privacy setting or anything. I know the simple things. Please give me more credit than that.
Its sp2 bad install and now that eddy mentioned it, I know exactly what went wrong.
thanks all.
AZB

Last edited:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
la_barbie said:
what does AZB stand for .... ?

AZB is an acronym for Azerbaijan. Our dear DR1 member AZB is an Azerbaijani muslim, and one of his favorite passages from the Holy Qur'an is

"God suffices for the faithful in their fight" (Qur'an 33:25 "AlAhzab")

Last edited by a moderator:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
AZB said:
AZB stands for my name. Aftab Z. Babar
AZB

Sorry, Aftab, for the confusion. Didn't know it was you.
FTIK, Dr. Aftab Babar has a first rate chiropractic clinic in Santiago. He did a great job on my lower back pain, hasen't come back after five years! His offices can be reached at 809-612-4220. And for the record he's originally from Punjab, Pakistan, but more American than apple pie...

-