Overseas Employment Opportunity

johnicelavon

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 13, 2006
JOB DESCRIPTION

Family in the Bahamas s seeking an individual that wants to be a part of a small family and not just an employee. The main responsibility would be to care for a child, and one or two of her play mates from time to time.

In my opinion I do not think that the job is very demanding. Typically, the individual would be required:

Daily Chores:

Prepare breakfast (mainly for the child) (30 mins.)
Prepare Lunch (on weekends) (1hr)
Prepare Dinner (4 – 5 days out of the week)(1.5hr)
Bath and Dress Child(30mins.)
Clean the dishes (20mins)
Make the Beds (10mins)
Tidy the Bathrooms(10mins)
Do any mopping and sweeping on a need to be basis(30mins)

Weekly

Give the bedrooms a general cleaning
Polish the furniture
Do the Laundry-once per week
Do the Ironing-Once per week
Vacuum and Mop the Floors

Monthly
Give the refrigerator and stove a general cleaning
Clean the Windows

From time to time the individual may be required to accompany the family on trips/travel overseas, or to the beach on a family picnic. Also may have to take the child to the movies. Most of the time the family is out of the house by 9:00am in the morning so according to how the individual organizes her schedule, she can have most of the day free to enjoy watching television, reading a book or sewing.

On Sundays, we consider this rest day, and usually the individual would have this to herself. The most she would have to do is to just watch the child who is now three and really requires very little pampering as she is going through the stage where she wants to be independent. She may have to wash the dishes after dinner.

The individual would be required to sit and have dinner with us every evening, and go to church with us.

Most importantly, she must display love and affection towards the child, whilst at the same time offering discipline to the child. I do not want a rude child.

Another important rule, is that when myself or my husband are not home, the individual must not allow anyone into my house. I have an obligation to protect my child and the individual.

lots of benefits plus a paid salary of usd$400 -$600 per month or 13,800DOP-20700DOP per month.

If interested lets talk. We are seeking a person that can be with us a long time.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
How easy is it for a Dominican to get a visa to work in Bahamas? And how does she get there being unable to connect in the USA?

But US$100 a week, or nearly $16 a day, wow, where's the line up?

johnicelavon

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 13, 2006
THE VISA REQUIREMENTS AND ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION ARE FOR ME TO TAKE CARE OF. HOWEVER, DO YOU HAVE A CONCERN ABOUT THE SALARY? PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT THE POSITION IS A LIVE IN ONE. WE OFFER FREE ROOM AND BOARD, FREE FOOD, MOST DAYS YOU ARE ONLY REQUIRED TO WORK ABOUT 3.5hrs- 5rs. WE OFFER 50% ON ONE AIRLINE TICKET PER YEAR HOME. OFFER NATIONAL INSURANCE HEALTH COVERAGE. YOU ONLY HAVE ONE CHILD TO CARE FOR. I THINK THAT IS REALLY A LOT, YOU ARE GETTING CONSIDERING ALL OF THE FACTS.

johnicelavon

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 13, 2006
She Can Connect Through The Turks And Caicos Islands. Actually, I Can Meet Her There, I Live There Three Months Out Of The Year. We Will Provide Her Airfare.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Pathetic wage, simply put. How much are Bahamians paid for similar work? 35 hours a week is full time and it's $100 a week. Slavery. And she has to pay half of an airline ticket to see her family once a year, there' s what two month's pay?

johnicelavon

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 13, 2006
Think-and-calculate

In response to your question, this type of job falls in our minimum wage category. The minimum wage here is $3.75 per hour. Basically a person would earn between $130.00 and $150.00 per week. Out of this they would have to pay their own rent, own light, own water, own travel to and from work, own food, actually own everything.

With this job, the person lives in, they have no bills to pay, the have no food to buy, to utilities to pay. Whatever they are paid simply goes into the bank to be sent back to the DR.

And what is Dominican paid in the DR for such a position between US$90-$130 per month.

I do not mean to sound rude, but when u pay all of your bills in a given month if you were in the minimum wage category are you left with USD$400 -USD$600 per month?