single status affidavit

kandy

Feb 18, 2006
I need someone to forward me a copy of their translated SPANISH copy of their single Status affidavit. I need to know If I did it right before I send it to the consulate????

kandy

Feb 18, 2006
If anyone out there has access to their affidavit I will appreciate a copy you can omit personal info. THANKS!!!!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Doesn't the consulate have a standard you can follow? If not aren't you just saying who you are, maybe where you live, citizenship, state you are not married, e.g. never married or divorced and not remarried and you swear to that and then that's it.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Yo, Sin Nombre, declaro que soy soltero(a), nunca he estado casado(a) y nunca he aplicado por una licencia matrimonial en ning?n estado de los Estados Unidos. Mi prometido y yo tenemos planes de casarnos en la Rep?blica Dominicana el 20 de marzo del 2006.

And your signature.

If either of you has been married before, then add:

Soltero(a), divorciado(a), mi divorcio fue final en fecha 30 de octubre 2004, y no he aplicado por una licencia de matrimonio despues de esa fecha. La sentencia de mi divorcia fue No., firmado por el Juez Danilo Euloquio, en el condado de San Peterburgo, en Miami, Florida.

Note the names of people and places are made up.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Good you added that last part. I can imagine her showing up with the names of totally made up people in her document.

You best clarify the Sin Nombre part and the o(a) options here.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
LA DECLARACION REGLAMENTARIA DE SOLA POSICION

CANADA )
La Provincia de XXXXXXXXXX )
EN LA CUESTION DE: el casamiento entre
) XXXXXXX y XXXXXXXXX

Yo, XXXXXXXXX de la Ciudad de XXXXXX, en la Provincia de XXXXXXXX HACE DECLARA SINCERAMENTE Y SOLEMNEMENTE ESO:

1. Soy XXXXXXXXXX y nacido como XXXXXXX en el XX de XXXX de XXXX en XXXXXXXX,XXXXXXXXXX, Canad?.

2. Soy un ciudadano canadiense con pasaporte No.XXXXX residir en XX XXXXX Street, Cuidad, Provincia, Canada.

3. Pienso casar XXXXXX en Sosua, Puerto Plata, la Rep?blica Dominicana.

4. Soy divorciado como por certificado No.XXXXXXXX(000376 de divorcio) al XX de agosto, 2XXX. Durante mi casamiento previo que fui sabido como XXXXXXX. Al mejor de mi conocimiento y la creencia no ha ning?n estorbo legal u otra causa l?cita de prevenirme de cas?ndose.

5. Soy empleado actualmente como XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

6. Los nombres de mis padres son XXXXXXXXXX, la Madre y XXXXXXXXX, el Padre.

Y, hago esta Declaraci?n Solemne concienzudamente creerlo ser verdad e instruido que es de la misma fuerza y el efecto como si haga bajo el juramento y en virtud del Acto de la Evidencia de Canad?.

DECLARADO antes de m? en )
XXXXXXX, la Provincia XXXXXXX, ) _____________________
Canad?, esto __ de _______, 2003 ) XXXXXXXXXXX

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Above translation based on this form from Debbies DR travel page:

A sample copy of the Statutory Declaration of Single Status is below, as provided by the Dominican Republic Services in Toronto.

STATUTORY DECLARATION OF SINGLE STATUS

(Please do not just fill in but retype the whole document)

CANADA ) IN THE MATTER OF:
Province of __________ ) the marriage between
) [full name of both parties as in passport]
)

I, [Full Name as in passport] of the City of __________, in the Province of ________ DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE THAT:

1. I am [full name as in passport], born as [name as it appears on Birth Certificate] on [date of birth] in [place of birth].
2. I am a Canadian citizen with passport No. _______ who resides at [full address].
3. I intend to marry [full name as in passport] in the [Hotel Name] in [City], Dominican Republic during the week of [week of marriage].
4. I am single and have never been married before. [If divorced, please put: I am divorced as per divorce certificate No. ________ as of {date of divorce}. During my previous marriage I was known as [name as it appears on divorce certificate]]. To the best of my knowledge and belief there is no legal impediment or other lawful cause to prevent me from getting married.
5. I am currently employed as a [occupation].
6. The names of my parents are _______________, Mother and ________________, Father.

AND, I make this Solemn Declaration conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath and by virtue of the Canada Evidence Act.

DECLARED before me at )
[City], Province of ________, ) _____________________
Canada, this __ of _______, 2005 ) [full name as in passport]

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE THE TRANSLATION:

LA DECLARACION DE SOLTERIA

CANADA )
La Provincia de XXXXXXXXXX )
Rereferente al futuro casamiento entre
) XXXXXXX y XXXXXXXXX

Yo, XXXXXXXXX de la Ciudad de XXXXXX, en la Provincia de XXXXXXXX declaro sincera y solemnemente que:

1. Soy soltero(a) y nacido(a) como XXXXXXX en el XX de XXXX de XXXX en XXXXXXXX,XXXXXXXXXX, Canad?.

2. Soy ciudadano(a) canadiense con pasaporte No.XXXXX y resido en XX XXXXX Street, CIUDAD, PROVINCIA, Canada.

3. Pienso casarme XXXXXX en CITY, PROVINCE, la Rep?blica Dominicana.

4. Soy divorciado(a) como se establece en el certificado No.XXXXXXXX de divorcio) al XX de MONTH, YEAR. Durante mi casamiento previo era conocido como XXXXXX. Segun tengo conocimiento no hay raz?n alguna legal u otra causa l?cita que impida este casamiento.

5. Trabajo actualmente como XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

6. Los nombres de mis padres son XXXXXXXXXX, la Madre y XXXXXXXXX, el Padre.

Y, hago esta Declaraci?n Solemne concienzudamente en la creencia que los conceptos expresados son ciertos tal cual como estuviera prestando juramento y en virtud del Acto de la Evidencia de Canad?.

DECLARADO ante de m? en )
XXXXXXX, la Provincia XXXXXXX, ) _____________________
Canad?, esto __ de _______, 2003 ) XXXXXXXXXXX

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you Dolores!! Sorry, I forgot to add that I translated this myself so there may have been a few errors.