Hotel Europa In Santo Domingo

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I would like to get more information about this hotel other than the info on their web site. Located In CZ, a low budget hotel of approx. 52 rooms.Does anyone know the history of this hotel? Interested in current owners, management, condition of rooms etc.

JOHN

yaidani

Feb 23, 2005
I stayed there last summer for 2 nights with my husband and we both liked it a lot. It's a stone's throw from the Sofitel Hotel. Our room was a standard. It was very small, but It was nicely furnished with shuttered ceiling-to-floor windows and a small balcony. It had a romantic feel to it and in all it was clean and pleasant with strong (adjustable) AC and cable TV. Breakfast was included in the room rate and it was nice. The hotel also has a bar and an elevator.;)

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
I know of no Hotel Europa in Santo Domingo..However there is a Hotel Europa in Boca Chica..The room Rates start at $25.00 USD and up.They are 100 yards from the beach..They are on Duarte Street.The phone number is 809-523-5721..

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
zak023 said:
I know of no Hotel Europa in Santo Domingo..However there is a Hotel Europa in Boca Chica..The room Rates start at $25.00 USD and up.They are 100 yards from the beach..They are on Duarte Street.The phone number is 809-523-5721..

It's in the CZ near the Sofitel Hotel.
Thanks anyway--JOHN

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
We stayed there (my father and I). I booked with Travelocity and forget the rate! We loved the breakfast on the rooftop terrace. When we arrived I had to politely remind them we needed TWO BEDS as we were FATHER AND DAUGHTER and not some other outfit. It was late at night but they sorted it out, not as nice as the first room (no balcony) but comfy and clean and cool.
I enjoyed my stay there but next trip to SD I plan on trying something else. I have yet to find "the" hotel for my needs, the place I will always rebook.
I didn't have my laptop with me so no idea as to the wifi--we walked to an internet cafe.
I loved that we were in the Zona COlonial and could walk to many interesting places.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
i booked it for May I guess $80 or 85 for a suite, tax and breakfast included, will let you know how it was. I was very surprised with their prompt response to my email, it was immediate!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
johne said:
I would like to get more information about this hotel other than the info on their web site. Located In CZ, a low budget hotel of approx. 52 rooms.Does anyone know the history of this hotel? Interested in current owners, management, condition of rooms etc.

JOHN

The owner of the hotel is a company called Puerto Merengue presided by Enrique Barreras. The hotel is being operated independently, it is no longer under a chain management company.

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Yes it is called the Antiguo Europa, situated on the corner of Emiliano Tejera and la Meri?o, just down the little hill from the ruins of the monastery. I checked it out recently for a friend who is now staying there and paying 65 dollars for a single room. The singles are nice, not huge, as you will find in some of the Colonial hotels like Nader,but perfectly adequate. Restaurant on roof, with nice view of the zone. Right around the corner from the Atarazana, and just up the street from the Parque Colon. It was not a hotel previously.

Appears to be pretty well managed, certainly clean and orderly. Windows facing out on the Meri?o might get a little noisy in the a.m. with the traffic descending on the colonial city, but it could be that the windows seal out the noise.

There is another new place as well, just a block away on Vicente Celestino Duarte no. 19, called Hotel Atarazana, but I have not yet had a chance to check it out. 65 bucks a nite.