DR Customs List Of Luxury Vehicles

villa19

Feb 17, 2006
I am moving to Santo Domingo next year and have been trying to locate a DR Customs list for importing a vehicle and what class the vehicle is (luxury or other). The vehicle in question is a 2005 Hummer H3. Does anyone know anything on this subject? Thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I can take a guess and suspect that nless you have had the Hummer for over a year you will pay a lot (50%+) in import duties...

And maybe not, if you have residence status. Check with our resident Legal Expert, Dr. Guzm?n..Fabio will know the answer...

HB :D:D:D

amandalivoti

Jan 20, 2006
Hillbilly said:
I can take a guess and suspect that nless you have had the Hummer for over a year you will pay a lot (50%+) in import duties...

And maybe not, if you have residence status. Check with our resident Legal Expert, Dr. Guzm?n..Fabio will know the answer...

HB :D:D:D

it used to be, that if you are moving down here you are exempt from most of those taxes.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
amandalivoti said:
it used to be, that if you are moving down here you are exempt from most of those taxes.

Perhaps it used to be, but currently I would suggest you do a search on this site for importing vehicles. There is a lot of good information. I agree with Hillbilly, at least 50% plus...

villa19

Feb 17, 2006
Excellent Link Lissa! That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks everyone for your help!