Eyebrow Threading

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlb

Jun 13, 2005
I'm looking for someone that does eyebrow threading (Indian technique) in Santo Domingo. Pls advise if you know of anyone or any salon/business that offers this service.

Thanks
dlb

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Why not just shave 'em off and do the "Pintura Thing"!

I was joking with my novia that she has no eyebrows, the next thing I know she breaks out this huge Crayola and has these black stripes on her forehead!

What is up with these 1/2 inch painted on stripes the Dominicanas sport?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
dlb said:
I'm looking for someone that does eyebrow threading (Indian technique) in Santo Domingo. Pls advise if you know of anyone or any salon/business that offers this service.

Thanks
dlb

What on earth is eyebrow threading... sounds horribly painful. Please tell us more.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Threading

I've never seen it done, let alone had it done - but it's a hair removal method using two threads. Mechanical depilation machines like Epilady were inspired by and work on the same principle as this technique.

Waxing is the main depilation method here. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone does 'sugaring' which is not as harsh as waxing.

Nov 5, 2004
I get my eyebrows threaded in Canada. Its an east indian way of hair removal. I find it pretty much painless....better then plucking. You get a great natural eyebrow line..and very clean, as long as the person doing it does it well. I dont know how to describe how they do it...its very quick..they ahve like a dental floss type string and they very very quickly knot it around the hairs and pull them out. Much faster then plucking...more accurate then shaving...and u don't have to draw to big black lines on ur forehead after!!!

Anyone know a place that does it here in POP?

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
OUCH Chiri - did you have to bring up the epilady???????

I have seen mostly waxing or shaving done - there used to be a lady in Monte Llano who I swear could shape the unruliest of brows with a razor.

mommacat

Apr 12, 2005
I get this done when I am in Vancouver at one of the hair salons run by East Indian women. It is fairly painless and quick. Cost is very cheap ($10.00 including tip), lasts a long time between sessions. The course is offered at some of the community classes in Vancouver. Description above re:dental floss is pretty accurate.

G

gary short

mommacat said:
I get this done when I am in Vancouver at one of the hair salons run by East Indian women. It is fairly painless and quick. Cost is very cheap ($10.00 including tip), lasts a long time between sessions. The course is offered at some of the community classes in Vancouver. Description above re:dental floss is pretty accurate.
Fraser and 41st-ish?

mommacat

Apr 12, 2005
Gary-Exactamente! How did you know? They do a great job and I love just getting in and out (usually no appt. necessary)! Of course stopping by for a few nibbles in the area and checking out the fabric stores takes a bit of time, but it is great down there!

G

gary short

mommacat said:
Gary-Exactamente! How did you know? They do a great job and I love just getting in and out (usually no appt. necessary)! Of course stopping by for a few nibbles in the area and checking out the fabric stores takes a bit of time, but it is great down there!
I do my veggie shopping down there ....half the price of Kits.

V

Vakaroro

Thanks
dlb
Hello I want to move to santo Domingo and open a eyebrow threading salon do you know if there is a lot of people looking for a place to get they eyebrow threaded?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hello I want to move to santo Domingo and open a eyebrow threading salon do you know if there is a lot of people looking for a place to get they eyebrow threaded?

You may be better off buying a few cases of Sharpie pens wholesale.

Sharpie.jpg

PS: Kudos for digging up an 8 year old thread on threading!

Aug 6, 2006
Way too many Dominicans overpluck their eyebrows and look freakish. Thin eyebrows are unattractive and artificial looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.