Hi from Argentina !

NachoMan

Feb 19, 2006
Hi, my soon to be fellow expats !

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ignacio (Nacho is a common nickname for Ignacio) and I'm from Argentina. My company has relocated me to SDQ, for 1 year. I'll be arriving during the first days of March, and although I've been reading as much info as I could online, I'm still pretty much clueless about the whole DR deal.

Just turned 29, and I'm an IT Engineer. Fortunately my company will provide housing for a 1-2 month period, till I get my bearings straight. That's were you guys come into the picture. Hope you can tip me on everything I need to know. Fortunately the Search button is my friend, so I'll try to keep previous asked topics to the minimum.

Hope to meet some of you in SDQ.

Bye,

N.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
NachoMan said:
Hmmm... what a warm reception. Thanks :rolleyes:

N.

I used to know a guy named Nacho from argentina, so I guess it is a common name. . . . . .the nacho I knew as a bit crazy. . . . .

When I first read your post, I did a double take thinking you were the same guy. He was a bit older and was not an IT guy. . . .so I realized you were not him. . . . . .luckily for you!

Welcome to the DR.

ximo

Jan 24, 2006
Nice reception you guys, no wonder people are leaving this site.
you gave me very good advice, why are you so bitchy to him

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
ximo said:

I must have missed something, I wrote welcome and rafael wrote welcome so who's bitchy? :confused:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hi NachoMan, welcome to DR1. I missed your post and somehow missed Anna's cat fight too.. ;)

I'm sure those from Santo Domingo will fill you in on what you need to know. Keep reading the boards.. there is good information here.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
ximo said:

ximo, if you were welcomed to the board and received good advice, why did you not just welcome a new poster? People come and go all the time on this site. What does your comment about the moderator police mean?