Live Music in POP??

Dama Descarada

Sep 20, 2004
Does anyone know if there are any concerts scheduled in the Puerto Plata area the week of March 5th - 12th? I will be staying in the Playa Dorada complex, but would be willing to go into POP or Sosua to see a merengue band or something...

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

DD

Dama Descarada

Sep 20, 2004
LOL - Are you up for it?

la_barbie said:
Azucar on the weekends might have some live bands playing

Thanks Barbie...since I will be with you that weekend - wanna go to Azucar?? JAJAJA! Maybe you can find out who will be there through your underground connection...:)

Thanks,
DD

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Yea lol.... I forgot that was your nickname lol
Almost done everything ?? Speech and all ???

We should invite my new best friends Princess and Baby Girl lol

Dama Descarada

Sep 20, 2004
Anyone in POP Area?

OK DR1 members living in POP area - I need your help! I didn't mention in my OP that I am looking for live Dominican Music (I am not coming to the DR expecting to see 50cent or Beyonce!! Not that I would pay to see them in Canada either...:cheeky: ) I was hoping to get to a bar/car wash that has a merengue or bachata band.

I know that these events are often posted on telephone poles and such on the streets...please indulge me and read a few over this next week...I really appreciate it.

This will be my 6th trip to the DR, and I have yet to see a live show, (not including the live band that was at Playa Naco 5 years ago, part of the nightly entertainment) I love Bachata and Merengue as well as Salsa, Cumbia and of course Reggaeton. Since the Aventura concert in TO has been postponed to June, I would love to get out and enjoy some live music while I am in the DR.

Any information you can provide is most appreciated.

Dama Descarada

Sep 20, 2004
Thanks...but no thanks!

la_barbie said:
Yea lol.... I forgot that was your nickname lol
Almost done everything ?? Speech and all ???

We should invite my new best friends Princess and Baby Girl lol

Thanks for asking Barbie - the speech is coming along quite nicely - ever notice how EVERYTHING comes out sounding nicer in Spanish? I am actually quite proud of my speech...you better not be too drunk to enjoy it!

As for your new little friends - how to put this nicely - umm...NO THANKS! Since the hotel is for adults only, I don't think they would be permitted entry without an chaperon anyways... :) nice try!