Has anybody seen "Un macho de mujer"?

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
I'm just wondering has anybody has seen "Un macho de mujer"? Is it good, bad, or just plain ugly? Judging by the trailer it definitely does not look like a Dominican comedy/film (and that is a good thing).

Paz,
Capo

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
capodominicano said:
I'm just wondering has anybody has seen "Un macho de mujer"? Is it good, bad, or just plain ugly? Judging by the trailer it definitely does not look like a Dominican comedy/film (and that is a good thing).

Paz,
Capo

I saw it Saturday night at the theatre in POP close to Parque Central - I always forget the name - and wasn't too impressed at all. I thought the humor was pretty bland.

Nothing to write home about.

Sep 19, 2005
hey sunnie, I saw the movie over the weekend in santiago. I thought it was pretty funny, and I didnt understand that much of the vocals, but the situations were self explanatory. And my GF and her sister along with the rest of the theater were in stiches....maybe it is just that most of them may not have seen some REALLY REALLY funny movies before and this is the best they have seen. I really liked the guy turning into a woman and getting pregnant and falling into the woman "syndrome"......the leading man actor was pretty decent, the others were obviously second rate "over the top ACTING"

ps: never made it to POP...looked like rain friday morning, so we bailed.
Met a guy on the plane that said friday was really nice in cabertte....so maybe we made the wrong choice huh?

bob

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
laurapasinifan said:
maybe it is just that most of them may not have seen some REALLY REALLY funny movies before and this is the best they have seen.
bob

I agree with you there, Bob. For Dominicans who don't speak English, a lot of the foreign movies they watch only have Spanish subtitles and a lot of the humor and significance gets lost in translation.

At Hollywood this weekend, I rented Reservoir Dogs - one of the best movies ever! - and my BF thought it totally blew. But I did pay attention to the subtitles and they did the movie no justice. But then again, how can you really translate the Madonna speech? It's a shame that Tarantino just doesn't work in Spanish.

Did you notice in the theatre that only the women seemed to be laughing during Un Macho de Mujer? I did.

I think the movie scared the men!