internet service

jim44

Dec 13, 2005
Hi all moving to the north coast in a couple of months. I work from home on my computer so I need a reliable internet connection. can anyone tell me is there any high speed internet. if not does anyone use a sat? thanks for your help

jim44

Dec 13, 2005
gym's

Hi all just wondering what the gym's are like on the north coast. Is there any major work out facilities like gold gym or worlds gym? thanks for your help

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Yes, many of us use satellite earth stations, but if you tell us where you are going to be, we can tell you if DSL (called Verizon Flash in the DR) is available.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
jim44 said:
Hi all just wondering what the gym's are like on the north coast. Is there any major work out facilities like gold gym or worlds gym? thanks for your help

Hey Jim44, start a new thread of each of your questions. It would be easier for the members to answer. Again, tell us where you are hoping to be. Sosua has gym facilities and I'm sure Puerto Plata as well.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
jim44 said:
thanks chris. I will be in pop sosua cabarete region

Most areas have internet FLASH availability, but not all.
It depends on where in the cities you will live.
In Puerto Plata for instance, where I live, Torre Alta 1 have it, Torre Alta 2 don?t.
The newer areas, with apartments for rent, are also lacking this in many cases.

So it depends on where you will live. If you plan to rent a place to live, check this out before if it is important to you.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You need to be more specific -- POP, Sosua, Cabarete? Well, they are three distinct places and have distinct characteristics. Just say where you will be closest to, and I can suggest who you should private message in the area, to get your questions answered.

jim44

Dec 13, 2005
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm sorry I can't really give you more info. We are planning on going to the dr stay at a hotel for a couple of weeks and find a nice place to rent. look around and buy a place after that. just in case where did you purchase you sat. internet from and what are your fee's?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
PT Barnum said: "There's one born every minute."

Jimbo: please take it slow, real slow...

HB:D:D With a warning look in his eye..

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
I know what he is thinking. I had a Russian Girlfriend several years ago and that started to get onto my To do list. her and I move here because we cant get a Visa for canada. We can live in paradise happily ever after.

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

She will experience EXTREME Culture shock. My girl did when she came here and ALSO when she came to Canadafinally. I married Dominican so that tells you where that turned out to be ! The Russians/Ukranians are gorgeous and very charming but remember that they too are trying to escape NO FUTURES in their countries. And no I am not bitter, we still even email 1 a year or so to say hi.

HB is telling you , Visit, Spend a few weeks, go home, think about it.

Living here isn't the vacation brochures. And you would be taking on a Lot with the Double Culture change.

Is she from Kiev or one of the smaller towns?

jim44

Dec 13, 2005
She's from odessa. We have been together for a long time. met her in the usa when she was studying. She's been to the dr before so she knows what she getting into thanks for the advice and your help. did your lady from russia have a hard time?

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Odessa is nice

Privet !

Well at least she is used to a slightly warmer climate !

My Russian gal was as I said was in culture shock.
She saw Dominican men as poor and Macho, alot like the Russian men from Smolensk. She detested the constant approaches. If she was alone for 30 Seconds , men were coming up to here without shame and even knew I was her Boyfriend. Didn't matter. I even had to intervene at one point with a guy from the local tour company. Remember that a caucasian girl living here WILL be constantly harassed in hopes............... If you are the jealous type or short fused, you also will not like it. And it will never stop. At least the Dominican gals know how to snub the comments and ignore the whistles. I laugh when they say "WoW Que Flaka" and make hip motions and at times will smile and retort with "Sueno" or Wow Que Feo" . They generally laugh it off ! And later on you understand that for the most part it is harmless and cultural ! Thats one thing about the Dominicans. They love to laugh at themselves ! heheheh .

Tip: If you want peace, and more respect fotr your gal, live away from the touristy areas. In those areas the men there (And the women) are actively seeking out people from other countries and white skin.

I live in Gaspar Hernandez (About 20 Minutes by car from Cabarete) and I lived in those areas. Here it is a world of difference. It is cheaper, has most of the amenities and you will live more peacably. Lemme know if you need more help. If you choose to come here I can help with apartments/ Casas and the like.

Nastrovya !

joe

jim44

Dec 13, 2005
Privet joe! thanks for the info. My girlfriend totally laughed when she read your message. I forgot to tell you she is a linguest by trade and speaks fluent spanish and 13 other languages. Thanks for your help and advice! I will certainly take you up on your offer to help find a casa /condo. once again thanks jim

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Glad to be of help !

Мы Желаем Вам обоим лучшее!
И я надеюсь, что мы можем быть друзьями!

jim44 said:
Privet joe! thanks for the info. My girlfriend totally laughed when she read your message. I forgot to tell you she is a linguest by trade and speaks fluent spanish and 13 other languages. Thanks for your help and advice! I will certainly take you up on your offer to help find a casa /condo. once again thanks jim