Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: internet service

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default internet service

Hi all moving to the north coast in a couple of months. I work from home on my computer so I need a reliable internet connection. can anyone tell me is there any high speed internet. if not does anyone use a sat? thanks for your help

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default gym's

Hi all just wondering what the gym's are like on the north coast. Is there any major work out facilities like gold gym or worlds gym? thanks for your help

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, many of us use satellite earth stations, but if you tell us where you are going to be, we can tell you if DSL (called Verizon Flash in the DR) is available.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim44
    Hi all just wondering what the gym's are like on the north coast. Is there any major work out facilities like gold gym or worlds gym? thanks for your help
    Hey Jim44, start a new thread of each of your questions. It would be easier for the members to answer. Again, tell us where you are hoping to be. Sosua has gym facilities and I'm sure Puerto Plata as well.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks chris. I will be in pop sosua cabarete region

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim44
    thanks chris. I will be in pop sosua cabarete region
    Most areas have internet FLASH availability, but not all.
    It depends on where in the cities you will live.
    In Puerto Plata for instance, where I live, Torre Alta 1 have it, Torre Alta 2 donīt.
    The newer areas, with apartments for rent, are also lacking this in many cases.

So it depends on where you will live. If you plan to rent a place to live, check this out before if it is important to you.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to be more specific -- POP, Sosua, Cabarete? Well, they are three distinct places and have distinct characteristics. Just say where you will be closest to, and I can suggest who you should private message in the area, to get your questions answered.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm sorry I can't really give you more info. We are planning on going to the dr stay at a hotel for a couple of weeks and find a nice place to rent. look around and buy a place after that. just in case where did you purchase you sat. internet from and what are your fee's?

Post Thanks / Like

PT Barnum said: "There's one born every minute."

Jimbo: please take it slow, real slow...

HB With a warning look in his eye..

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what he is thinking. I had a Russian Girlfriend several years ago and that started to get onto my To do list. her and I move here because we cant get a Visa for canada. We can live in paradise happily ever after.

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

She will experience EXTREME Culture shock. My girl did when she came here and ALSO when she came to Canadafinally. I married Dominican so that tells you where that turned out to be ! The Russians/Ukranians are gorgeous and very charming but remember that they too are trying to escape NO FUTURES in their countries. And no I am not bitter, we still even email 1 a year or so to say hi.

HB is telling you , Visit, Spend a few weeks, go home, think about it.

Living here isn't the vacation brochures. And you would be taking on a Lot with the Double Culture change.

Is she from Kiev or one of the smaller towns?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast