How to send flowers from the DR?

alaroca

Jan 22, 2004
Does anyone know of a reputable florist that is able to send flowers internationally from the DR? Santo Domingo area would be best.
Thanks!

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
where do you want to send them?

It may be difficult to go through a florist since many countries would not allow fresh flowers sent.

You may want to try one of the florist company websites like ftd.com, flowers.com etc.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
It would be better to find what flower shops in the destination city receive international orders.

Where do you want to send flowers to?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
alaroca said:
Does anyone know of a reputable florist that is able to send flowers internationally from the DR? Santo Domingo area would be best.
Thanks!
I'm a little (well a lot) dense. Are you asking for a florist to send flowers grown in the DR to another country or do you want to be able to order flowers over the phone from outside the DR and have them delivered to Santo Domingo (or vice versa).

alaroca

Jan 22, 2004
Ordering flowers

I am the dense one-I should have explained better :)
I need to find a florist in Santo Domingo that has an affiliation like FTD or something similar in order to have flowers sent to someone in Canada. I do not want the flowers sent from the DR. Just somewhere where you can go and either pay in pesos or US$ and order flowers that will be sent to someone in Canada. Has anyone ever done this? I know there are websites etc, but I would prefer to find a local florist that offers this service.
Thanks

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
FTD is online so just use a credit card to send them. They don't care where you are.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
I don't know about FTD.com but many websites don't take credit cards with billing address outside the US (or its home country). If it is the case, then you can try amazon.com . I have years dealing with them with no problems at all. I have seen they have a 50% off sale of red roses :)

Jess
PS. Sorry, the US amazon.com doesnt ship to Canada, and the Canadian amazon.ca doesnt sell flowers :dead:

Last edited:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ricktoronto said:
FTD is online so just use a credit card to send them. They don't care where you are.
I'm guessing the OP does not have a credit card.

Assuming the OP does have a credit card, FTD is not the route to go if they are trying to save a buck. (FTD tacks on fees for their affiliation). What the OP probably should do is look in the Canadian Yellow Pages (I'm guess there is one online) for a local florist close to where they are sending the flowers and then call that florist to place the order.

If the OP does not have a credit card, then they will have to find a florist that has an affiliation with a Canadian florist or an affiliation with any FTD florist. That route sounds like it will be expensive.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
There must be one DR florist with Teleflora or FTD affiliation. Do the paginas amarillas have display ads, I wonder so you can see if there is a logo?

Here is a DR florist with a Brooklyn office that will deliver anywhere in the world. I imagine there's others:

http://www.florprimavera.com/index1.shtml

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Western Union

Assuming you don't have a CC

Hook up with a Canadian Florist online and pay them with Western Union or Paypal ........ or pay the cash to a friend WITH a credit card and get them to do it online for you.

Just a Couple of ideas.