World Cup and its drama...

Malafama

Mar 17, 2005
Every Morning before i do anything here in the office i get online to read the Listin Diario.. And it seems that everyday there is somebody else from the Dominican Roster that either is confused about playing or just not playing at all.. I think this is becoming a joke.. so much press and talking about the Dominican roster, and it seems that by the time of the first game there would be just a couple of the original ones... what you guys think?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
It really doesn't matter. They have until March 2nd to finalize their 30-man roster. Practice begins on March 3rd. Other teams still haven't finalized their rosters.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
rellosk said:
It really doesn't matter. They have until March 2nd to finalize their 30-man roster. Practice begins on March 3rd. Other teams still haven't finalized their rosters.

rellosk is correct.

In the Korean team, one player is still on his honeymoon. lol

It should be a very fun tournament. I just hope nobody gets seriously hurt. Because if they do, then their agents, general managers, and owners will be very upset.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
I just hope nobody gets seriously hurt. Because if they do, then their agents, general managers, and owners will be very upset.

Let's face it. If a terrible injury is sustained, it could be the end of something real good. Many owners and GM's would not be allowing their players to play in possible future tourneys.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
trina said:
Let's face it. If a terrible injury is sustained, it could be the end of something real good. Many owners and GM's would not be allowing their players to play in possible future tourneys.

EXACTLY!!! :)

I'm a Red Sox fan. And if Manny or Ortiz gets hurt, then the Red Sox are in serious trouble.

Who's your most favorite player? :)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
EXACTLY!!! :)

I'm a Red Sox fan. And if Manny or Ortiz gets hurt, then the Red Sox are in serious trouble.

Who's your most favorite player? :)

As for favorites, it's a tight race between Vladimir Guerrero and David Ortiz. I love them both. I truly admire Julio Franco in every way. I love watching Jose Lima, especially when he's on fire, because he is so entertaining. Bartolo Colon, Pedro, Tejada, Beltre, Pujols, Manny, and Neifi Perez merit honorable mention.

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
trina said:
As for favorites, it's a tight race between Vladimir Guerrero and David Ortiz. I love them both. I truly admire Julio Franco in every way. I love watching Jose Lima, especially when he's on fire, because he is so entertaining. Bartolo Colon, Pedro, Tejada, Beltre, Pujols, Manny, and Neifi Perez merit honorable mention.

Trina, Pujols honorable mention? Ouch! He's probably the best of that lot you mentioned. I'm generally not a fan of any single team or person in sports. But if I had to pick in baseball, Pujols would probably top my list.
You probably haven't seen him play very often.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
DRPAWA said:
Trina, Pujols honorable mention? Ouch! He's probably the best of that lot you mentioned. I'm generally not a fan of any single team or person in sports. But if I had to pick in baseball, Pujols would probably top my list.
You probably haven't seen him play very often.

Who said anything about best players? If you read Potato's post (or my answer), the question posed to me was who were my personal favorites. I didn't think there's a right or wrong answer to that question.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
trina said:

You have excellent taste. :)

Julio Franco played one season in my country (South Korea). After his one-year contract expired, the players and coaches were so impressed with him that he was offered a coaching position.

But Julio kindly declined.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
trina said:
Who said anything about best players? If you read Potato's post (or my answer), the question posed to me was who were my personal favorites. I didn't think there's a right or wrong answer to that question.

DRPAWA, I agree with trina on this one.

I asked what were trina's most favorite players.

Anyway, I love these baseball threads.

I think we should start a thread about a DR1 gathering at a baseball park (Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, etc. it doesn't matter. As long as several of us can make it). What do all of you think? :classic:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Julio Franco is relatively low-profile, so he doesn't often receive the accolades he deserves. Imagine a 21-year Major League career, with a batting average of .299! Phenomenal!!! Here is a nice article about him: http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2006/02/21/Sports/franco_julio060221.html

George Bush's opinion doesn't mean much to me, but Julio Franco is one of his favorite players of all time. I realize I'm grasping at straws to find something I respect about GWB, but if it says positive things for Franco, it works for me! :cheeky: .

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
trina said:
Julio Franco is relatively low-profile, so he doesn't often receive the accolades he deserves. Imagine a 21-year Major League career, with a batting average of .299! Phenomenal!!! Here is a nice article about him: http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2006/02/21/Sports/franco_julio060221.html

George Bush's opinion doesn't mean much to me, but Julio Franco is one of his favorite players of all time. I realize I'm grasping at straws to find something I respect about GWB, but if it says positive things for Franco, it works for me! :cheeky: .

That is a very nice article. I enjoyed it very much!!! :)

Julio Franco is a very nice pick-up for the Mets. Julio will give the young players guidance and leadership. And he can also still hit.

As for George W. Bush, well,......he's a very "unique" individual. lol ;)