Hotel Platino

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Hotel Platino ( I haven't stayed there yet) is in the city though ! I'm trying to get a reservation next weekend and read this from other posts here.

If you're planning to stay close to the airport, you might consider a caba?a.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
daniel said:
Need a hotel near the airport in Santiago. is hotel Platino okay for one night?
It's not that close to the airport. The rooms are very small, especially the standard room. The rooms are clean and it is in a very nice area of town. If you're staying on the weekend, ask about their weekend rates. They also have corporate rates. With the discount, it's a good value.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
rellosk said:
It's not that close to the airport. The rooms are very small, especially the standard room. The rooms are clean and it is in a very nice area of town. If you're staying on the weekend, ask about their weekend rates. They also have corporate rates. With the discount, it's a good value.

Their weekend rates (taxes included)

STANDARD RD$1,300 DBL O SGL
EJECUTIVA SUPERIOR RD$ 1,655 DBL Y 1,495 SGL
JUNIOR SUITE CAMA SEPARADA RD$2,100.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
rellosk said:

Do they have AAA rates?

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
rellosk said:

Btw, their standard room is considered very small for you. Have you been to Hotel Colonial ? Is it the same size.

Hotel Platino is pricing double the price at the Colonial, a hotel described to have small rooms too, but ranging in price from US$15-20 p/night.

I'm not going to do the caba?as because I'm arriving Friday morning and will probably leave the room a few times and I don't want to leave my luggage there.