Chichi Peralta on the Malecon

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Chichi Peralta & Son Familia are the invited guest performers of the government-sponsored Viva la Patria Independence Day celebrations. They will perform as of 9 pm on Monday, 27 February at the Parque Eugenio Maria de Hostos on the Malecon. This is a stupendous band and a performance not to be missed if you are in Santo Domingo.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Oh man, we have some serious stuff scheduled for Tuesday morning and have to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for that... otherwise we would have done most normal and some not so normal things to make it to this one...

Dolores said:
Chichi Peralta & Son Familia are the invited guest performers of the government-sponsored Viva la Patria Independence Day celebrations. They will perform as of 9 pm on Monday, 27 February at the Parque Eugenio Maria de Hostos on the Malecon. This is a stupendous band and a performance not to be missed if you are in Santo Domingo.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Folkloric/Caribbean Merengue

For those of you who don't know who this artist is IMO Chichi Peralta is one of the most prolific Dominican merengueros who represents the genre in its truest form. Not influenced by the commercial beats and single rhythm sound that is typical of modern day merengueros but rather a cross between merengue with a folkloric sound and authentic Caribbean rhythms which gives his music a unique and very tropical flavor that few merengueros today can emulate.

Most merengueros portray the commercialized one rhythm, repetitive beat which makes one long even more for the likes of music by Chichi Peralta and a few others. He is also an artist that has the ability to masterfully fusion rhythms and is very heavy on Afro-Caribbean beats. He has a new album out called M?s que suficiente and the debut hit La Zalamera is a wonderful song. I could only imagine what the rest of the album is like. Never fear- I will own it soon! Ay- this sounds like fun. Remember La ciguapa?

-LDG
Just being me.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Lesley, Chichi Peralta was my introduction to 'latin' and caribbean fusion and I've been spoilt to anything less creative since, even though I do not know the genre well. So now, about Monday night... how patient can a customer be on Tuesday morning? Perhaps this customer will understand that this is important and that we cannot make it on Tuesday morning... Afternoon yes - let me work something in my mind that sounds good...;) Perhaps the truth will work... Man, I went to such a good show last night that I just could not make it to this meeting on Tuesday morning... Yes, I know, you're going to lose a wack of money 'cause this phase is not signed off, but the music was great dude... I wish I was 23 and irresponsible.... :ermm:

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Live life-

Well, Chris I am super happy to hear that Mr. Peralta was your intro to Latin music. One of the best in the genre IMO not only because of his creativity and uniqueness but because his music is just downright good! Like every artist he went through a hiatus period where people like me had to wonder if and when he would come back on the scene but it never fails the longer the wait the sweeter the music and Chichi for sure is an example of this. I also feel he does not get enough recognition as compared to the noisy, one beat quickly to bore merengue bands out there today. This artist is all tradition which makes him popular in many Latin American countries.

Your excuse sounds good to me. Knowing when to work is just as important as knowing when to have fun and you do not have to be 23 and irresponsible you just have to be human! Work it out, it's worth it. Suerte mi amiga.

-LDG
A fan of 'real' merengue.