From Cabarete/Sosua to Las Americas

bogdan

Jan 30, 2006
Hi. I would like some advice on the following: I am going to have a flight from Las Americas (Santo Domingo) at 4 pm, and I am wondering whether I can spend the night before in Cabarete or Sosua, or it is better to get to Santo Domingo for the night. If I remain in the North, is there time for bus to SD + taxi to airport, or would I need to get a taxi direct to Las Americas?
Thanks a lot.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would suggest that you call Rocio at 809 582 5112 and see if her husband can pick you up and take you to the airport on time. You have to be there by 1 pm.

Alternately, you can take the first bus by Caribe Tours--spend a flock of hours getting to Sto Dgo and then pay about 35 dollars out to the airport, but I think you would be cutting it rather fine.

As you said, you might be better off getting to Santo Domingo the evening before...party a bit in the Big City and then get a good night';s sleep...

HB :D:D:D:D

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Caribe Tours buses leave the Sosua terminal every hour at 20 minutes past the hour, starting at 6:20 am (There is also a bus at 5:15 am). From Sosua to Santo Domingo takes about 4.5 hours. If you can take an early bus, say 7:20, you will have plenty of time.

Hillbilly says you must be at airport 3 hours before flight, I was thinking it was 2. At least when when went to US this past summer we got to the POP airport 2 hours early and had ample time for lunch after getting our tickets and checking our suitcases.

But I agree that you want to allow plenty of time for trip to Santo Domingo because traffic delays can occur anywhere.

If money not a concern, take a taxi. If you are on a tight budget, take the bus, buit give yourself plenty of time.

And keep in mind there is no bus stop in Cabarete. The bus starts from Sosua.

bogdan

Jan 30, 2006
Thanks, I appreciate the information. I take that a taxi might cost $150-200? Would it be relatively easy to find an honest and reliable driver?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
bogdan said:
Thanks, I appreciate the information. I take that a taxi might cost $150-200? Would it be relatively easy to find an honest and reliable driver?
The one Hillbilly recommended is very honest and very reliable (and probably less expensive then anything you might find in Sosua). Call Rocio, she speaks perfect English.