A nice Dominican Restaurant in NYC (Washington Heights)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hi everyone :classic:

Yesterday, I had the chance to go to Washington Heights for lunch.

So I went to a place called "Malecon"

Their telephone number is 212-927-3812

And the address is 4141 Broadway (175th street)
New York, NY, 10033

They have all kinds of Dominican food and drinks. Its very delicious.

I went with a friend of mine. We ordered three Cokes, two entrees, and two appetizers and the total was $28 and something cents.

This restaurant also has two additional branches in other parts of NYC (You can find it in the website).

For more information, you can go to their website at www.maleconrestaurants.com

Have a good day. :bunny:

Last edited:

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
check out el conde steakhouse across the street potatoe salada and tipico across the street

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
rellosk said:
No pictures?

Sorry but there are no pictures.

But if you have the time, I recommend this place. They give "a lot" of food. :bunny:

See you in the March 3rd gathering! :classic:

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Malecon is well known and I always liked it. ate there alot . But if you are ever further south and are looking for a good place, try Margot's on Broadway just a couple blocks up from the 157th street stop on the East side of the street. A small joint, often crowded because the cooking was good, not greasy, and a little more pricey, but hopefully it is still there and still banging out good food.

Another well known chain is La Floridita. I always ate at the branch on 129th street (which is actually more like 126th). Huge breakfasts, and they had a lunch special for only three dollars. Probably dont do that anymore, but it used to be that you would ask for the specials menu, which listed lunch plates for about 6 to 8 bucks, and then you just told them you wanted the lunch special, which never appeared on any menu, but was understood by the regulars. You would get a somewhat smaller plate of food with everything on it, and frankly it was enough, particularly if you ordered a batida.

macocael said:
Malecon is well known and I always liked it. ate there alot . But if you are ever further south and are looking for a good place, try Margot's on Broadway just a couple blocks up from the 157th street stop on the East side of the street. A small joint, often crowded because the cooking was good, not greasy, and a little more pricey, but hopefully it is still there and still banging out good food.

Another well known chain is La Floridita. I always ate at the branch on 129th street (which is actually more like 126th). Huge breakfasts, and they had a lunch special for only three dollars. Probably dont do that anymore, but it used to be that you would ask for the specials menu, which listed lunch plates for about 6 to 8 bucks, and then you just told them you wanted the lunch special, which never appeared on any menu, but was understood by the regulars. You would get a somewhat smaller plate of food with everything on it, and frankly it was enough, particularly if you ordered a batida.

Margot is on 159th to 160 street and is good but probably better for take out.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
macocael said:

Thank you for the information. I will check both places out. :classic:

Good night.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Margot's is another good takeout place.. I love their commercial, too - I wonder if they still run it on channel 35 ?