Revista 2006 ? ? ?

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
My usually reliable PIM tells me that I must obtain a 2006 revista no later than 28feb06;
* I made this entry in my PIM in Feb. or March 2005, after the usual hassle, lines, confusion, etc.
* To date, 27feb06, I've heard nor read nothing @ a 2006 revista?
* Am I missing something? Important? Is my [American] memory fading in the Dominican sun?
* Has the Gov't abolished the revista? Help! Thank you.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
In the paper on the 23rd

Jueves 23 de Febrero, 2006 "DIARIO LIBRE"
"Se acabaron los marbetes de revista; no hay fecha para proceso expedici?n"

"Santo Domingo. El proceso de expedici?n de la revista, requisito exigido a los veh?culos para autorizar su circulaci?n, se encuentra paralizado debido a que se agotaron los marbetes en la Direcci?n General de Tr?nsito Terrestre (DGTT).

Ante esa situaci?n la Secretar?a de Obras P?blicas pidi? a la Autoridad Metropolitana de Transporte (AMET), abstenerse de requerir el marbete a los conductores hasta tanto se normalice la situaci?n.

Avelino Garc?a, encargado de prensa de la instituci?n, anunci? que en la pr?xima semana se comunicar? oficialmente cuando arrancar? el proceso de expedici?n de la revista.

Precis? que para este a?o se adoptar? la modalidad de realizar operativos en las empresas, como una forma de agilizar la expedici?n de los marbetes. “Una comisi?n de la Direcci?n de Tr?nsito se trasladar? a las empresas para dotar a sus empleados de la revista”, enfatiz?.

A pesar de los intentos de DL por obtener una explicaci?n en la direcci?n de la DGTT y la subsecretar?a de Tr?nsito, en ninguna de las dos instancias de Obras P?blicas se quiso ofrecer detalles del retraso.

Ni el subsecretario Mario Holgu?n ni el encargado de Revista, Jos? Amaro, se atrevieron a hablar sobre la dificultad en la expedici?n del marbete, por lo que se desconoce si hay alg?n conflicto con la empresa que lo confecciona. Ambos argumentaron que no ten?an autorizaci?n del secretario Freddy P?rez para hablar del caso."

Last edited:

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
In Santo Domingo, where do you go to get you vehicle inspected - and get the revista sticker??

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
In Santo Domingo, where do you go to get you vehicle inspected - and get the revista sticker??

I was searching for the answer to this question today. I know I have to go to Ban Reservas to pay for the revista, where then do I go for the inspection in Santo Domingo?

Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
There are two different stickers you need for your car.
One is the revista, which is the inspection sticker, the other is the marbete.
The revista is round, and the marbete is retangular.
Unless your matricula(registration) has your cedula on it, you'll have to go the the main office of the DGII to get the marbete.
The revista can be purchased in the same office, if I'm not mistaken..

Is the marbete the "license plate sticker"? I have that but is says 2005. How long is it valid?

Where is the "main office of the DGII"?

I was told to "purchase the revista" at Ban Reservas. I was told I then have to go somewhere else for a mini inspection (though I do not know where yet). I just called Ban Reservas and they told me that yes, I have to go to them first and pay 45 pesos to purchase the revista. Now the unanswered questions are where to I go next and do I have this "marbete" or not?

It was nice of the people at the dealership where I bought the car to tell me this. They knew it was my first time buying a car in this country. I asked when I was leaving if I needed to do anything else and they said "no".

I would have kept driving around without it if AMET had not stopped me the other night and asked for it. When I explained that I didn't know what he was talking about, he was a real gentlemen and told me to go to Ban Reservas to get one and then he let me go with a warning. He was a real gentleman. That was my first dealing with AMET and I was surprised at how professional he was.

Larry

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
For revista inspection you need to go to Transito Terrestre (a part of Obras Publicas). I can tell you where it is in Puerto Plata, but not in SD. Here is website
http://seopc.gov.do/servicios/venta_revista.html

The marbete ('licence plate sticker' which actually goes in your window!) for 2006 is now available from DGII or other outlets if your name is on matricula. If your name isn't on matricula go to DGII with a copy of cedula of person whose name IS on matricula.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
For revista inspection you need to go to Transito Terrestre (a part of Obras Publicas). I can tell you where it is in Puerto Plata, but not in SD. Here is website
http://seopc.gov.do/servicios/venta_revista.html

The marbete ('licence plate sticker' which actually goes in your window!) for 2006 is now available from DGII or other outlets if your name is on matricula. If your name isn't on matricula go to DGII with a copy of cedula of person whose name IS on matricula.

Thanks Lambada,

I went to BanReservas to prove ownership and insurance of the vehicle and was given a reciept to bring to "unas de las obras publicas" as the teller told me. She said there is one here in the capital on Tiradentes. I am trying to find out exactly where. I don't see a list of locations on that site you linked me.

As far as the marbete goes, the sticker that is currently on my windshield came along with my new plates when I bought the car in July. The owner of the dealership stuck the stickr on my windshield so even though it says 2005, I doubt it is expired. Does anyone know how long they are valid for?

Larry

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You need a new marbeta, one that says 2006. Forget about expiry dates and all the BS, it does not apply here. The bikes start in Sept with new marbetas, so I'm assuming this is when the AMET clampdown on cars not having them will really start.

Obras publicas is on Triadentes, just the other side of JFK, couple of blocks north. It's on the right hand side as you drive down on the corner, you can't miss it. You get the revista round the corner, not actually in Obras publicas. Ask around, someone on the street will know for sure. You need a photo copy of your insurance and matricula.

The Marbeta can be purchased at many banks. I used the BDI Bank in Multi Centro, it was quick and cost RD$2,200 (jeepeta). You go in with your original matricula and they will run it on the phone and tell you how much you need to pay. As soon as you have paid they give you the sticker :)

If you have a problem with your matricula, then you will need to go to the DGII (tax office) and pay. 2 people in front of me had problems.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thanks Lambada,

I went to BanReservas to prove ownership and insurance of the vehicle and was given a reciept to bring to "unas de las obras publicas" as the teller told me. She said there is one here in the capital on Tiradentes. I am trying to find out exactly where. I don't see a list of locations on that site you linked me.

As far as the marbete goes, the sticker that is currently on my windshield came along with my new plates when I bought the car in July. The owner of the dealership stuck the stickr on my windshield so even though it says 2005, I doubt it is expired. Does anyone know how long they are valid for?

Larry
If you hunt around on that website you will find some locations........
?D?nde se realizan?

En Santo Domingo: Sede Central de la Direcci?n General de Tr?nsito Terrestre y en el Modulo Multicentro Churchill y en los m?dulos habilitados para tales fines.

Re the marbete the current one says 2006, is thinner (top to bottom) than the last one & has a green strip at top and bottom. The 2005 one is a silver oblong with 2005 on it. That has expired. I'm sure your friendly Amet guy will confirm this for you........;) The fact that the dealer stuck it on for you does not necessarily mean it is current. He may have bought it a while back and held on to it prior to selling the vhicle.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
You need a new marbeta, one that says 2006. Forget about expiry dates and all the BS, it does not apply here.

Thanks for the info. Could you clarify this statement though please? Dated items like this dont have dates they expire? I would assume that something valid through the end of 2005 would expire Jan. 1st 2006. But if items dont have dates they expire, when do you know it is time for a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Larry

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
But if items dont have dates they expire, when do you know it is time for a new one?
Larry

You'll read an announcement in the newspapers that they are ready. And 'annual' doesn't necessarily mean yearly. Sometimes they go 18/20 months before the next ones are announced. Forget US/European thinking; there is a different type of logic here. :)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
You'll read an announcement in the newspapers that they are ready. And 'annual' doesn't necessarily mean yearly. Sometimes they go 18/20 months before the next ones are announced. Forget US/European thinking; there is a different type of logic here. :)

OK, I will go pay for 2006 marbete now then. Hopefully, the 2007 marbete wont be announced as ready until 2008 :squareeye

Larry

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Larry,

When the dealer gave you that sticker it was current and valid. Now a new sticker came out after your purchase of the vehicle. The dealer could not have had the one you need now as it was not out yet.

If you are on the North Coast you can get it across form Casa Nelson in PP. The revista can be had next to the baseball stadium in PP. For the revista you pay at Banservas and then go to the stadium.