More Plastic Surgery Questions....

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I know....the things a friend doesn't do for another!

That said the info I'm requesting is NOT for me, however I said I would ask so here is the question...

A friend wants to have some work done on her face.

She has been recommended to see Dr. Guillermo Maria Lorenzo Ortiz who works out of that big clinic on 27 de Feb. (ok...I'm not a GREAT friend 'cause I forgot the name of the clinic!).

She has a first appointment Thursday and would like any info available on this doctor.

She has also had a recommendation for Dr. Hernan Almonte Cruz-Ayala of Centro Medico UCE.

Has anyone heard of either of these Dr.s and more importantly .....What have you heard???

No negative spam please....just info if you have any.

I DON'T want to have to read through 7 pages of crap to be able to tell my friend what little info I've gleaned!

Thanks.....:eek:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Have your friend find out if this surgeon is a member of the Dominican Society of Plastic Surgeons. That members of the organization have to adher to minimum standards.

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
Recommendation

A friend of mine has been here several times to have work done. She used a doctor that she recommends highly and as I always accompanied her I would recommned also. He is located here in Santo Domingo, and you can mention my name, Jay Rotkel.

Dr. Luis Cordero
809-689-4322
la.cordero@verizon.net.do

In fact I had run into someone at the health club, sho said she wanted some work done. I said I have someone for her and she replied she already had the best! I said who? She answered with Dr. Cordero!

JRR:cool:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks Dolores.....
Do you know if their phone # is still 809-688-8451?

Thanks JRR....I've read the other threads and my friend does want to talk to some ppl that have had work done to see what their results were.
Could you possibly PM me your phone # so I can have her call you? She speaks Spanish and Italian.

amandalivoti

Jan 20, 2006
The family plastic surgeon's name is Dr. Luis Espaillat- i have seen no odd looking cousins nor any complaints.

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
Please check your sources extremetelly well, because there have been may cases in which people have died from plastic surgery performed in DR.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Dolores said:
Have your friend find out if this surgeon is a member of the Dominican Society of Plastic Surgeons. That members of the organization have to adher(e) to minimum standards.
I don't think that's what you meant to say.;)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
amandalivoti said:
The family plastic surgeon's name is Dr. Luis Espaillat- i have seen no odd looking cousins nor any complaints.

Dr. Espaillat is one of the most prestigious Dominican plastic surgeons. He operated on my sister (nose and sinus) and my husband (knee cyst).

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Dr. Jean Paul Guicacelli * * * * *

tel: 908 689 8029; Calle Manuel Maria Castillo # 20, Santo Domingo; 1 of the streets bordering the Presidential Palace.
* I suggest that you consult him; appraisals & estimates are free.
* Extremely well qualified & professional, by American or Canadian standards.
* I speak from experience, personal experience, extremely intimate, personal experience. Excellent! I have nothing but praise for him; & his staff. A cardiologist included!
* Prices? I imagine his prices reflect current market conditions. I don't really know. I didn't shop around; I don't think you should seek bargains in this area of life. Free advice.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks all for your replies......
I have passed on the info with a list of names and numbers.
My friend has already had a consultation and is now contemplating her options.
If she decides to go ahead I'll try to post with the Dr.'s info and the results (keep in mind IF she decides to have something done I may not see her until next time I'm in the DR if she has it done after I leave in April).
Thanks again.....

derals

Jun 4, 2006
Weight Loss Proceedure

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a doctor to perform a particular kind of weight-loss procedure that I believe is only performed outside of the United States. The procedure is where a physician inserts a small deflated bag (for lack of a better term) through your nose or your mouth and into your stomach, the bag is then inflated by the doctor to take up most of the space in your stomach so that the amount of food you can consume is severely limited so that you can lose weight.

The name I was given to have this procedure done was Dr. Lorenzo Ortiz of the Dominican Republic. I can't seem to find his website anywhere, if you know how I can contact him (or any other physicians who perform this proceedure) it would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Derals

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
May I suggest you consult the board on Plastic Surgery Journeys abroad:
http://www.plasticsurgeryjourneys.com

It is a peer moderated group with a few docs who happen to also be patients. Be careful on any of these boards (not specific to PSJ) because sometimes plastic surgeons will lurk and try to recruit you privately. On PSJ, this is expressly prohibited and should be reported to the moderator.

Good luck.