Buying a bike in Nagua

Cirilo

Mar 17, 2005
Hi Folks,

I thought I could share this unique experience with you, one of those experiences that can only happen in DR... I wanted to buy the exact same bike that a friend of mine bought in Nagua, at Penalba Comercial. I call them before and arrange to make the payment in their succursal of Samana. 30 min later, I'm in Samana with the money for the bike. They were supposed to deliver it in the afternoon. 2 days after, still no delivery (normal I would say). I call them again and again to know what's going on, and they tell that the "driver" is in Cabrera et that he's trying to reach another one but it's raining so bla bla bla bla... Then I call again, and they tell me "Tenemos un problema..." : the bike they were supposed to sell me was "damaged", and of course they could not sell it to me like that because i'll have problems etc... (well on that point they were right, I prefer not to buy something that will be defected in a couple of days). But then comes the time to give me my bucks back... Of course the money was no longer in Samana, then I had to go to Nagua if I wanted to get my money back, a 3h round trip... So i lost time and gasoline but finally get my money back.

NEVER buy something if you don't have it in front of you eyes.
NEVER trust a seller.
I'll NEVER recommend any folks to buy at Penalba Comercial, Nagua.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Cirilo said:
NEVER buy something if you don't have it in front of you eyes.
NEVER trust a seller.
QUOTE]

Thats the same anywhere in the world, isnt it? :bunny: