Phone number blocking

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
I don't want the area code 809 or "international" to show when I call back home when I'm on vacation.Does anyone know if it is possible to block your DR number from showing on caller ID when you call someone from the states?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
My son Alan showed me he can activate/deactivate caller ID by pressing (pound) 31 (pound) and then the number, from his cell phone (prepaid Orange). However, this didn't work from my postpaid Verizon cell phone. I called 809-220-1111 and asked for an explanation. They said I would have to subscribe to the service (RD1000 +) and then pay a montly fee (RD98). Your best bet would be to buy (or find in a safac?n) a cheap Orange serviced cell phone to be used only for stealth occasions...

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Another solution is to use Skype and subscribe to the Skypeout service. You can get a phone number with just about any area code in the US. You can also get a phone number in several different countries. Once you subscribe to the service which is about US$30 per year, you can then call out at very cheap rates.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
leromero said:
Another solution is to use Skype and subscribe to the Skypeout service. You can get a phone number with just about any area code in the US. You can also get a phone number in several different countries. Once you subscribe to the service which is about US$30 per year, you can then call out at very cheap rates.
Don't you need a computer to call from the Skype system?