cabarete area; how is mail received

mrmagic

Nov 25, 2003
how is mail received from overseas by those that live in the area of cabarete? whats the best way to set up a mail address e.g. must all of my mail be sent to a particular mail related business??
mrm

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Most use the EPS office located next to the cab stand in the middle of town. You can reach them at 571-0668. The girl that works there is Marisol. They are very dependable but a little pricey. The mail will go to an address in Miami and flown over here. To send it is also through Miami. They have offices in many locations, Sosua included.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
SKY is right about EPS being your best choice; also right about it being pricey. It would be a good idea for your mail to go to a friend or relative, then sent in batches after the junk has been weeded out. If all your mail goes directly from the sender to your EPS address, then you are going to have a huge monthly bill, because each piece of junk mail, and everybody gets it, is going to inflate your bill very quickly. Also, my experience is that sending a batch of mail in one big envelope is cheaper than sending all the letters individually.

Also keep in mind that sending mail using EPS is very pricey, something like US$3 per letter, I believe. I have a copy of their fees somewhere; I'll see if I can find it.