aparthotels, cheap?how long? come on help me!

blennie

Mar 6, 2006
Hola, just want to know how much and how long you can stay in an aparthotel, I know its a boring one but iI would love to know and I have looked thru archives. ta very much xx:surprised

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Now Why Didn't "YOU" Think Of That!!!????

I entered; "Aparthotel Dominican Republic",on "Yahoo",and got 102,000 entries!!!
Might you be convinved to do the same?????:cheeky: :cheeky: :paranoid: ;)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

smigg3011

Feb 21, 2006
Criss Colon said:
I entered; "Aparthotel Dominican Republic",on "Yahoo",and got 102,000 entries!!!
Might you be convinved to do the same?????:cheeky: :cheeky: :paranoid: ;)

the guy is just asking a question or wanting advice your reply to it could be used with everysingle post on here

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Not Really!"

Some questions are of a "generic" nature,and can VERY EASILY be "searched" on the Internet! Like an; "Aparthotel" question.Others are of a more specific, and/or, colloquial nature,and therefore responded to by someone with "first hand",and/or, specific knowledge!
I'm starting to ramble on like an "Englishman"!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I hope I don't cloud this discussion with a few facts from personal experience. I have lived in an "Aparthotel" for the last 2 1/2 years. I realize that I could be paying less in a regular rental, but I like the convenience of everthing being included for one price. My rent includes electric, water, cable, television, air conditioning, furniture, refrigerator, weekly maid service and linens, and planta. My current rent is RD$ 4500/month. As a long-term tenant it may be somewhat lower than new tenents are paying.

smigg3011

Feb 21, 2006
HOWMAR said:
I hope I don't cloud this discussion with a few facts from personal experience. I have lived in an "Aparthotel" for the last 2 1/2 years. I realize that I could be paying less in a regular rental, but I like the convenience of everthing being included for one price. My rent includes electric, water, cable, television, air conditioning, furniture, refrigerator, weekly maid service and linens, and planta. My current rent is RD$ 4500/month. As a long-term tenant it may be somewhat lower than new tenents are paying.
where is your aparthotel and what is it called please

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Puerto Plata.
PM me for more details. I will respond to those whose posts do not indicate a high probability of insanity, schizophrenia, anti-social personality disorder, etc., etc. Vacancies are rare, you need to be in the right place at the right time.

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
in Santo Domingo you can find good apart hotels in the RD$10000-RD$15000 range per month, all included, AC, cable, cleaning,etc, usually studios with kitchenette, good security, and power 24/7 . Mainly in Gazcue area, if you stay more than 1 month probably you'll get better price , check the listin diario HABITACIONES section.

I lived 1 year in an apartahotel, mainly cause the short term rent apartments in santo domingo are a nightmare, overpriced,...

Sep 19, 2005
Howmar...they say ignorance is bliss...if that were the case i would be muy encantado..ha ha ha

because....I have seen so many signs while driving that say "aparthotels" or apartahotels......and i ALWAYS thought they were some form of CABANA!!

sorry its true....until you said you have lived in one for so long!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the signs always looked similar to the cabana's signs...

maybe I say a cabana with the name APARTA in it....

so for continuity sakes...is an Aparthotel, just a hotel that has room set up like apartments??????????? for long term rental?

or is there a better definition.....

bob

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
I payed somewhere around 4,500 pesos per month in Plaza Florida Apart Hotel back in 1997 or 1998. Last time I checked (one year ago) for people my company brings monthly, they were charging around 20,000 to 25,000.

They have a lil kitchen with a big refrigerator, dining set, living set, queen/king sized bed, some of them balcony, cable tv, A/C, hot water/electricity 24/7, daily maid, linens included. Bathrooms have been remodeled 1 or 2 years ago. They have opened a lil restaurant if memory serves. Anyway, they had Boga Boga Restaurant downstairs. It is always neat clean. I think it is the most decent apart hotel in Santo Domingo.

Other apart hotels in Santo Domingo I have stayed during trips before moving here are Drake and Turey. Cheaper but decent enough apart hotels. Drake is in Piantini close to Plaza Andalucia. Turey is in Naco near Amigo super market.

Plaza Florida beats them big time though. It is located close to Universidad Catolica de Santo Domingo, a couple of blocks far from Lincoln Ave. I dont know the neighborhood's name, it could be Serralles or La Julia.

Jess

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Jess,

If it's the one I stayed in back in 2004 it's in La Julia. It's about a block and a half south of Sarasota. I enjoyed my stay there as well.

JD

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
so for continuity sakes...is an Aparthotel, just a hotel that has room set up like apartments??????????? for long term rental?

or is there a better definition.....

bob
Mine is a building consisting of efficiency apartments. My definition is one room with a bed, kitchenette area, sitting area and a bathroom. Basically a hotel room with a kitchenette.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Hotel Delta

HOWMAR said:
Mine is a building consisting of efficiency apartments. My definition is one room with a bed, kitchenette area, sitting area and a bathroom. Basically a hotel room with a kitchenette.

in Santo Domingo on Sarasota 300 yards west from Churchill...has a whole wing of apartments ranging from 1 room with distinct areas - sleeping, bathroom, walk-in closet, kitchenette, sitting room etc., to 2 and 3 roomed suites with all of those. All are fully A/C'd, cable TV, internet connection, phones, fridges, hairdryers, full maid service, laundry,room service - some have a jacuzzi too. There is a diningroom/restaurant facility, a roof top bar/restaurant, swimming pool and jacuzzi, hairdressers and general shop, parking, full electricity and security 24/7.

We lived there for nearly 5 months until our house was ready and because we took on a "long term" tenency from the start we were able to negotiate a relatively very reasonable rate for a seventh floor 2 room apartment.