help please?

eddy the aussie

Mar 7, 2006
hello there, could someone please put us in the right direction regarding aparthotels, and yes its simple to punch in this question on the internet , if i wanted to live in one in evry major city in the world at once (costly eh???)
please serious responses required, we are moving over there from Spain and we would like to organise something pre flight on arrival? We have a budget of US$250 a month total. any genuine help would be appreciated and i would buy you a sherbert (beer) if useful in the britannia bar on arrival!
we will be staying in sosua.....please help;) :confused:

A

apostropheman

$250 USD a month?

i hope you meant $2500.00 USD...correct?

myra77

Dec 29, 2005
dr1.com
apostropheman said:
i hope you meant $2500.00 USD...correct?

What kind of budget do you have apostropheman??? $2500.00 USD a month for an apartment is CRAZY.......here in Canada I could get a huge 2 Bedroom Condo in the heart of Toronto, and still have money left over.....I seriously think the OP meant $250.00 USD a month for housing.....that's a little more reasonable for the DR and newcomers if you ask me.....Just my opinion.....

A

apostropheman

myra77 said:
What kind of budget do you have apostropheman??? $2500.00 USD a month for an apartment is CRAZY.......here in Canada I could get a huge 2 Bedroom Condo in the heart of Toronto, and still have money left over.....I seriously think the OP meant $250.00 USD a month for housing.....that's a little more reasonable for the DR and newcomers if you ask me.....Just my opinion.....

i may be misreading it but he did say "in total"...i guess he could have meant " in total for rent" and then you'd be correct.

eddy the aussie said:
hello there, could someone please put us in the right direction regarding aparthotels, and yes its simple to punch in this question on the internet , if i wanted to live in one in evry major city in the world at once (costly eh???)
please serious responses required, we are moving over there from Spain and we would like to organise something pre flight on arrival? We have a budget of US$250 a month total. any genuine help would be appreciated and i would buy you a sherbert (beer) if useful in the britannia bar on arrival!
we will be staying in sosua.....please help;) :confused:

regardless of budget i did offer some help.....y usted?:pirate:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Where is it $2500 a month for rent in Sosua?

SeaHorse Ranch maybe!

$250/month is not going to happen unless you live without electricity or water, but $500 - $700 is No problema, especially longer term.

It's not inexpensive to live in Sosua.

eddy the aussie

Mar 7, 2006
thanks for all your help....

gday
thanks for the replies on the housing front, the correct amount is for a one bedroom , dont need cable TV,not to worried about aircon ,simple fan will do , ! around US$200 each a month 2 people sharing, i was told that this would be bottom range but still comfortable??? anyway keep an ear out for an australian speaking guy at the brittannia and once settled & if i have any money left ($US25000) you can buy me a beer???

Last edited:

eddy the aussie

Mar 7, 2006
up the ante!

Ok maybe this will sound more realistic? If we say, could afford US$200 each a month , could i find a suitable place in sosua , long term?????

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Pitch a tent and sleep on a beach!
You might need a gun and a few pesos to pay off the police.

eddy the aussie

Mar 7, 2006
nice dump!

a dump for $US400 must be like living in buckingham palace , you should of seen the dump i lived in in turkey! this price for a dump is good by that standard, we are just people of simple needs..:paranoid:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Sorry possums!

Not many VW or Bedford vans to be found around these parts, unfortunately! ;)

Last edited:

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Eddy if you are the type, and I suspect you are, that can survive the Hippie trail through the himilayas and India, and stay in places like Paharganj, Delhi, I think you can find a place to stay for your budget -- if that budget is entirely intended for the rent and you have other funds for eating and drinking. If not, you might still be able to arrange matters -- If you speak Spanish and really really do know how to survive on very little, you might be able to rent a shack and have money left over. But if you try for an Aparthotel or some such lodgings on this island, you are forced to pay much more than you would in other 3rd world countries. 250 wont cut it.

chinola

Sep 6, 2005
It is not true, that for US$ 200 you only get a dump. I live in a nice 1 bedroom apartment od 40 square meters, fully furnished with 24 h electricity and hot and cold water and only pay US$ 200 a month everything included.

It is just about looking around and talking to people, they're many great deals to find.