Safe deposit boxes???

Ruffino1974

Jun 7, 2003
I just checked with both banks that i do business with..banco Popular and banco Progresso...to try to rent a safe deposit box..Both told me that they had none available in any of their branches..

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a Bank that may have some available or that may be opening a new branch..as i think this may be the best way to get one before they are all gone..

Also, anyone who has had this problem and has found an alternative I would be happy to hear one....other then they have space under their mattress..

thanks,
Rich

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Safety deposit boxes are a weird thing in the DR - not every branch even has any to begin with.

Last summer I checked on this, and the Republic Bank branch in Gazcue, below the Banco central offices on Ave Cesar Nicolas Penson, had boxes available (branch telephone 809-412-7911). The main office of Banco Leon on Kennedy and Tiradentes did not at that time.

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
all they have available usually, but if you are not "connected" you will not get one

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I have been on the waiting list for a box in 3 locations for the past 2 years and still nothing!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I recommend the following: Caja de Seguridad Dominicana S.A, on Autopista Duarte, kil?metro siete y medio, Santo Domingo.

It's the place where the notorious Dominican drug kingpin Luis Eduardo Rodr?guez Cordero (alias, Eduardito), currently jailed in NY, kept a stash of US$2.5 million in bills of different denominations, impounded by local police, however Mr. Eduardito himself says it was closer to US$10 million...

-