Marriage

devryimax

Nov 6, 2005
I am planning to marry a DR girl very soon. I haven't told her my plans yet. I will surprise her when I get there. LOL. in August 2006. I will be going to Santo Domingo.

She is studying dentistry and I have made up my mind to marry her.

I have been reading about DR marriages but I couldn't find any thing for guys marriying a DR girl. Can anyone help please?

Se?or_Jimenez

Mar 2, 2006
Save Yourself!

If you look at facts and not the hype, most marriages end in divorce. Yes, it may be nice to have someone who "loves" you or whatever, but they usually end in divorce. 100% of ALL divorces start with marriage. Save yourself before she takes half.

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Yeah if you dont narrow it down a bit you are just goinng to get lame responses like the one Jimenez just posted. Well, You will still get those, but at leastyou will also get some concrete info. I married a dominicana -- what do you want to know?

paulinehh

Jul 29, 2005
looks like this man had been reading lots of things about mariage but only about women marrying dominican men, so i guess he needs any experience stories from guys who are still with their dominicanas!!!
if he needed papers stuff advice he would not ask about you guys with the dominican ladies.
so who is still happy and married to a dominicana???

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
paperwork for the marriage. From what I hear some dominicanas tend to change when they cross the pond, LOL. Wouldn't wnat THAT to happen now do we ? ;) ;)

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Let's se if I remember correctly, for the marriage you are going to need

1) a birth certificate,
2) if you have been married in the past you will need to prove that you are single now, some kind of affidavvit.
3) A physical examination done locally by a doctor certified to examine you for that specific purpose. (he/she will have to sign some papers, I think you buy the forms at the local government building)
4) A single female willing to marry you
5) All of your english language documents will have to be translated and the translations certified.

I am pretty sure the total cost will be less than $200 and the bulk of it will be the medical examination.

Can anybody think of anything I missed?

BTW if you are planning to take her to the states you might save yourself some headaches and postpone the wedding till after the move. For some reason it's easier to import a fiancee than it is a wife, but both are an incredible pain in the you-know-where. Talk to an immigration attorney (in the US) about your particular case and see what they recommend.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Welcome to the board

Se?or_Jimenez said:
If you look at facts and not the hype, most marriages end in divorce. Yes, it may be nice to have someone who "loves" you or whatever, but they usually end in divorce. 100% of ALL divorces start with marriage. Save yourself before she takes half.

It is evident by your intelligent posting that you will contribute much to DR 1.
Clear, informative, with lots of substance.

Yeah right.
therearealotofpeoplethathavenothingtosay-buttheytalkanyway.