What's up with Messon in POP????

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
..................the shelves are getting emptier by the day and they hardly have anything ................ ????

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
We just go on Tuesdays for the 2for1 on veggies for that reason, the rest is from Jose Luis which now has a good selection, and every 2 weeks to Pola, National & Pricesmart in Santiago. Canadian Bob.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
It?s an issue of not having paid their bills. Silverio has to pay cash to most distributers now, and this is the result of that.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What is the real problem? Cash flow problem due to poor sales? Poor management? Everybody else must pay cash to most distributors and seem to be doing ok.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
They seem to run into this situation once every 3 months. I go to Tropical or Jose Luis now because Messon is usually out of something I need.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
The real problem is probably long dues to the distributors. The supermercados don?t pay cash to their distributors.
The family Messon owns several businesses in Puerto Plata, and I have heard nothing about there other businesses.
But as for Multicentro Messon, they don?t seem to get products as they cannot pay for them cash...

I do as Conchie, Tropical and Jose Luis is my melody too.

Nov 5, 2004
canadian bob said:
We just go on Tuesdays for the 2for1 on veggies for that reason, the rest is from Jose Luis which now has a good selection, and every 2 weeks to Pola, National & Pricesmart in Santiago. Canadian Bob.

I also go every tuesday for 2 for 1 veggies, then I get the rest of my food from Jose Luis.

I don't use Tropical, because I find it is the most expensive. It looks cheaper, if u go by the prices listed on the shelves, but then they add taxes after that at the checkout and it ends up not being cheaper, but more expensive then anywhere else.

But Jose Luis is my favourite here in POP, and they carry alot of the brands of food that I like which Masson never had. I used to only go to Masson cuz its closest to where I live, but since I started at Jose Luis I only go there now, except for veggie day!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I don't understan why everbody thinks veggie day at Messon is so great. They almost double the prices on the items from Monday to Tuesday and then sell it 2 for 1. For example. prices for broccoli on Monday were 15-20 pesos. On Tuesday they were over 30.

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
Veggies at Silverio Messon

You're right. Veggies are very expensive at Messon on Tuesdays. Once I've seen the prices on the market, and that the veggies are fresher I left the Messon and go when I need to the market. I don't have to buy too much (to throw away 2 days later!!!) and have always exactly what I want, and much cheaper.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Veggies.
If not at the supermercado, I usually go to the small market behind the cathedral.
Most people think we only have the big market here in Puerto Plata, but we don?t.
The small market is a house behind the cathedral, a bit down, and a whole back street with fresh veggies!