I have Direct TV and want Directway Internet.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I live in Puerto Plata and have legal Direct Dish TV.
I need a contact so I can convert over to Directway Sat. Internet as well.
Can someone give me a contact # of a Dealer who can help me with this?
Please PM me if you don't want the # puplic........

Thanks in advance.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
This is interesting as we recently bought a system with a 6' dish, 2 recievers and supposedly legal Direct TV from a dealer, Global Satellite in Santo Domingo. I questioned the legality of the service then but was strenously assured that it was fully legal. When our service quit several weeks before the 90 day renewal time, we complained and it took two weeks to get it restored. We then renewed at $6,000rd for another 3 months. Within 2 weeks one receiver quit working and then the other shortly after. After many phone calls and hassle with the dealer, one was finally restored. The other has been out for almost a month now despite us paying for the service. When the recievers quit, "call ext. 726 to restore service" popped up on the screen. This is their fraud department extension number as Ext 721 is the normal service restoration extension. From investigation via another DR dealer, I found that the dealer signs a customer up using a different account and then gets 30 days free service. When that ends and no payment is made, the account closes and then the procedure must be repeated using a different account information.
I checked with Direct TV and was told there is NO LEGAL SERVICE in the DR. Obviously the dealer is pirating the signal using a dealer or bogus address in the states (he calls Miami to have it restored).
When I asked others who have this here, I was told to have the small dish installed (and monthly service paid via billing) at a stateside address and then bring the reciever here.
I hope this has changed as we would like to have it fully restored and in compliance as it is a bummer to have it one day and gone the next (3 times in 3 months).

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Yeah but there is no legal way to do it and you can't expect people who steal for a living to be honest with their customers.

DirecTV does not offer their service here because the adverstising revenue is not geared for Dominican consumers and the programming is not intended to conform to local laws.

You might try getting a Vonage phone or some similar service that gives you a US phone # in the area code you claim to be in in the US and scam DirecTV yourself instead of getting someone else to scam them for you, at least that way you have more control over the situation.

And there is no way you are going to be able to use the small Dish, IMO.