Caf? Alta Gracia, Jarabacoa

a_nilsson

Feb 8, 2006
Hi,
does anyone know contact info (telephone, fax, email) or has stayed at Caf? Alta Gracia in Jarabacoa? I have recommended statying over thera few nights while in Jarabacoa but I don't have any contact info besides an email adress from which I have not received any reply.

With regards,
Anders

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
a_nilsson said:
Hi,
does anyone know contact info (telephone, fax, email) or has stayed at Caf? Alta Gracia in Jarabacoa? I have recommended statying over thera few nights while in Jarabacoa but I don't have any contact info besides an email adress from which I have not received any reply.

With regards,
Anders

A great place to stay in JArabacoa is the Gran Jimenoa or the Pinar Dorado. Close to the river and they charge about $40 to $50 dollars. Nice places and excellent rooms with a/c.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Search for a post by "sunshineandraine" here on DR1. She and her little boy were up there just last month and had a ball!
She has all the info you'll need.

HB

a_nilsson

Feb 8, 2006
Hi everyone,
thanks for your help.

Hillbilly: I can't find any thread like the one you describe. Could you help me some more please?

/Anders

Sunshine and Raine

Nov 21, 2005
I LOVED going to Finca (farm) Alta Gracia. Sometimes it takes a while to get a response, but I always did. I apologize to everyone that I have not yet posted a trip report, but I am still running around like a chicken with my head cut off since I got back. I recommend everyone, well, make that everyone who is nice and will be respectful to the awesome people there, should take a trip to the farm. I hope to figure out how to put my pictures on line as well so you can all see how beautiful it is, too. Basically, if you want to see the culture and life of the rural Dominicans of the mountains, eat the food the locals do, enjoy the peaceful and beautiful ambiance of the mountains, and meet some of the kindest people, go to the farm. It is inexpensive, rustic, and so amazing. Plus I loved supporting a farm that gives back to the community through education in sustainable, organic farming. If myself, my friend and my 4 year old son, with barely any Spanish knowledge, can get there and back with no problems, anyone can. I suggest that everyone interested in a true Dominican experience get off the beaten path as fully as possible. It is worth it. I promise to write more on that subject later.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
One of the owners of the finca asked me to post the following for them:

This is from one of the owners of the Finca Alta Gracia, Bill Eichner. I apologize for any difficulties with inquiries about visiting the farm. The correct approach is via email with Sarah DeCandio [sarahjdecandio@netscape.com]. Sarah has been out of touch for the past ten days because she has been at the farm. Anders?s message finally reached me via other connections to our website. One may always try my address if there is a problem with Sarah?s. [cafealtagracia@gmavt.net]

Sincerely,

Bill

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As you saw, I asked Sunshine and Raine to get in touch with you. You talk to Effie (Sunshine), she'll put you at ease, and I can promise you it is one heck of an adventure..They came back here all bubbly and excited and even the 4 yr old stated opening up a bit.!!
I'll advance you just a tiny piece of their story.
The farm sends detailed instructions on how to get there.(Well, sort of detailed)
Anyway, I got them on a local guag??ta to La Vega and asked the driver to let them off at the stop where they could catch a similar conveyance to jarabacoa. That went well, but to cap it off, that bus to Jarabacoa not only took them to Jarabacoa ..it took them all the way to the farm!!

So you see why Effie loved that trip..

HB:D:D:D