Is there a new Tourist Card out?

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
I seen these new computer generated small tourist card. Is this something new. Are the old ones still good? Any info on the new DR tourist cards?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The old ones are no longer valid, and you can no longer "stockpile" the cards to fill them out in advance and expedite getting through immigration/customs. Of course that only helped before if you were traveling with carry on only, since if you checked a bag, you end up waiting for that anyway.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
sweetdbt said:
The old ones are no longer valid, and you can no longer "stockpile" the cards to fill them out in advance and expedite getting through immigration/customs. Of course that only helped before if you were traveling with carry on only, since if you checked a bag, you end up waiting for that anyway.

If the older ones are no longer valid I gues one must purchase a new one. If you have a old one can they replace it for you? or you are forced to buy a new one.

Tourist Cards

This is the new tourist card

jh6d85.jpg

This is the new immigration sheet, one to enter and an didentical one to exit

k97v4k.jpg

Doesnt make any sense, the first one is $10 US regardless of what it says on each portion and both parts are taken when entering the country along with a blue and white immigration form, the other you keep till you exit.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I think Im missing something here

For the past two months on my monthly trip I could not find my exit card when I got to the airport. I was looking for the small tourist card. Am I supposed to have that one? Maybe this is the reason I couldnt find it.
The first time it happened they tried to extract $30 even though I was there only one week. So he immigration guy says (in SD) go see that desk over there. Asks for $30. I say look at my passport and you will see when I entered paridise. Two of them take a hard look and agree to not push this wise ass around.
"Go your out of here"
Second time--"I dont have it"
He says "go I dont care"
JOHN

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
stallion said:
If the older ones are no longer valid I gues one must purchase a new one. If you have a old one can they replace it for you? or you are forced to buy a new one.
They stopped exchanging the old tourist cards for the new ones on December 31st.

Sep 19, 2005
john... I think even they were confused early on

now one payment is made when you come into the country...$10 for the little tourist card....no fee to leave...but you still have to fill out a form( blue now days) upon entering, as well as leaving the country.

it is just information....its the same form coming as going....dont pay any money when you depart...tell them to pound sand

bob