any discos in samana town?

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
can someone tell me any good discos in samana town?
and share your experiences in samana and where you have stayed.
I have stayed before in las terrenas but now want to visit samana town
for 1-2 days... planning going to cayo levantado again.

i did a search for discos in here but couldn't find anything conclusive.

thnx

Sep 19, 2005
I went there in the fall with my gf. We stayed at the Gran Bahia Occidental , about a mile or so up the road. We came back into town to try and sample the nightlife. we found maybe two or three little joints we could hear music coming out of...mostly outdoor places from the looks. We stopped in front of one and pondered wether it would be worth while . decided against it. there were maybe 10 people in each.. the music sounded good...but the place looked like it was a bad birthday party, that no one showed up for!!!

all three were within a stones throw of the shore front there in town....

maybe we didnt go far enough away from the shoreline.....right where the roads splits into 2 way traffic was one place.....not like a disco you would see in Santiago or Puerto plata , or Santo Domingo....more like you see on the side of the road, that someone wants to believe is a disco because they play music!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck

thats not a definitive answer i know..but its a little info

bob

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
laurapasinifan said:
I went there in the fall with my gf. We stayed at the Gran Bahia Occidental , about a mile or so up the road. We came back into town to try and sample the nightlife. we found maybe two or three little joints we could hear music coming out of...mostly outdoor places from the looks. We stopped in front of one and pondered wether it would be worth while . decided against it. there were maybe 10 people in each.. the music sounded good...but the place looked like it was a bad birthday party, that no one showed up for!!!

all three were within a stones throw of the shore front there in town....

maybe we didnt go far enough away from the shoreline.....right where the roads splits into 2 way traffic was one place.....not like a disco you would see in Santiago or Puerto plata , or Santo Domingo....more like you see on the side of the road, that someone wants to believe is a disco because they play music!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck

thats not a definitive answer i know..but its a little info

bob

appreciate the info Bob. Were you able to go to cayo levantado? I went there once and i like it.

been to samana just once for 1 night and didn't get a chance to do much.

thnx for the insight; it's always good to hear what's good/what's not good and what you found/not found; makes me more aware what to expect.

Sep 19, 2005
yes we went to teh island..i have pictures here posted of that trip....great beach....not knowing how to make plans to get out there, we let a guy we met right on the main drag there in town on the waterfront....talk us into following him to his boat down the road towards our hotel. he had maybe a 25 foot open boat with 75 2 stroke yamaha on the back...he took just the two of us and a helper...he wanted 1700 pesos!!!!!!!!! for the round trip...but he stayed with us the whole time.... and waited till we were ready to leave.

in hind sight it was kinda exspensive for what we COULD have gotten a ride for if we went to the large main dock

but that boat had left long before we got there....but if you plan a head...I bet the big boat that takes maybe 20 people out...would only cost a couple hundred pesos....knowing what gas cost to run a boat and the distance out and back. I bet he didnt burn $5 worth of gas!!!!!!!

hey but I agreed to the price before I went...so i accepted the terms..

the guys on shore near where his boat was docked heckled my girl , and that got me in a foul mood.....and i had words with my "guide" that i didnt want to hear anything like that when I got back.....so he had to walk way up in front of us when we came back.

some guy on the shore said he would "watch" my car!!!!

it was locked with a club locked onto the sterring wheel!!!!!! ha ha ha

when i got back he wasnt to hesitant to tell me he 'watched" my car.... and he needed soemthing for that....I told the guide he needs to take care of the parking lot "attendant".....he said he would.....

thats all my info...except for if you decide to use the gran bahia hotel.....which I dont think you can, because I heard it was being remodeled..

have fun...let me know if you find a nicer disco

I may want to go back one trip....nice beach!!!!!!!!!

bob

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
There is at least one disco in Samana proper. About midway on the malecon one of the roads running perpendicular to the beach leads right into the parking area, only a block away. Sort of a cave-like interior. Not a huge place, but a nice little dance floor, and they play the usual mix of merengue, Bachata, Salsa and Reggeaton. Drinks are pricier than the outdooor bars on the malecon, where the locals hang out til about 1AM before moving to the disco.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
GAME,

I don't recall a name. I've been there 3 or 4 times over the years, always as the last stop after a night of many Presidentes on the malecon, so my recollections are somewat fuzzy. In addition to the dark, claustrophobic interior, I remember a sign outside with the dress code (no short pants) and other rules (no drugs or weapons). The locals I was hanging with referred to it simply as "el disco", which would seem to indicate it's the only one in town.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
ok thnx sweetdbt for the info. When i go to samana i would ask for it and will try to remember the name (if i can after having some presidentes myself).. lol.

THE GAME (Erick)

jonvelas

Jan 29, 2010
gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com
Discos in Town of Samana - Updated in 2011

This is an update as of 2011

The small Town of Samana has a few Discos to choose from :

The most Modern and Newest one is Disco Illuzion in the PLAZA PUEBLO PRINCIPE,
also there is the Cielito Disco that been around for many years, and the infamous
Car Wash which is more a semi open-air Bar with some "hot girls of the night"
and a lot of locals.

Find most information at the local website of the Town of Samana :

Go Samana | Dominican Republic - Town of Samana, Samana City, Santa Barbara de Samana

and a detailled map to find the location of Discos & Bars and a lot more