idea to stop car jackers

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
my brother recently was carjacked at gunpoint in santiago and he says when getting jacked there really is nothing you can do about it. he is pretty much right on that one. but i came up with an idea. i am going to get my hands on a small cylinder of sleeping gas something similar to what the dentists use to knock you out maybe stronger install it under the driver seat with a small hose on it that leads up on somewhere near the air vents. the cylinder would be controled by an electric device and will be tripped by a button easily accesible once im jacked. so when and if i get jacked ill hit the button they take the car and a few minutes later ill get my car back. maybe crashed but ill be VERY satisfied knowing that they wont take something that isnt theirs and they didnt earn. so what do you guys think about my idea. its not that complicated to do.

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
There's a better idea. Theres a car alarm in the market that once you turn on the vehicle, if the driver's door is opened and then closed (as in when someone takes you out of your car and then takes it & go), the vehicle's electric system will shut down in a certain time frame (1-3 mins I believe). This option is probably safer than the one you're trying to rig.

E.

G

gary short

Great idea. Or replace the cylinder of sleeping gas with propane and with a triggering device you could fry them at your leisure.......except I guess your car would be torched.........OK forget it. I've got it...... an ejection seat, press a button and you cream them against your roof........Oh the blood and gore..........never mind. You know you could drive around with a pit bull as your passenger, not for long periods, otherwise you'ld have to put a diaper on Fido. Ever tried to put a diaper on a pitbull?

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
When we enter, we always lock our car doors, The windows are closed in town and we stop for nobody. Is it still possible to get carjacked? Canadian Bob.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
canadian bob said:
When we enter, we always lock our car doors, The windows are closed in town and we stop for nobody. Is it still possible to get carjacked? Canadian Bob.

They can still smash the window and pull you out by opening the door, I carry a can of pepper spray in the car if this happends.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
joseinoa said:
my brother recently was carjacked at gunpoint in santiago and he says when getting jacked there really is nothing you can do about it. he is pretty much right on that one. but i came up with an idea. i am going to get my hands on a small cylinder of sleeping gas something similar to what the dentists use to knock you out maybe stronger install it under the driver seat with a small hose on it that leads up on somewhere near the air vents. the cylinder would be controled by an electric device and will be tripped by a button easily accesible once im jacked. so when and if i get jacked ill hit the button they take the car and a few minutes later ill get my car back. maybe crashed but ill be VERY satisfied knowing that they wont take something that isnt theirs and they didnt earn. so what do you guys think about my idea. its not that complicated to do.
The gas that dentists use, nitrous oxide (also known as sweet air or laughing gas) doesn't produce anesthesia (sleep), but produces relaxation, euphoria and amnesia. The dentists use an IV injectable when they want complete anesthesia, such as sodium pentothal. Your plan would only produce a very happy car-jacker who can't remember a damn thing. True inhalant anesthetic agents, such as halothane, require complex equipment to convert them from liquid to gas.

If this were a workable idea don't you think that airliner cabins would be equipped to render the highjackers unconcious?

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
You're all ditz!!!

The car jackings that have happened between San Pedro and Higuey this last few weeks have all involved two vehicles filled with gun toting men that sandwich the car being 'jacked' to force it to stop.
Locked doors and closed windows count for 'nada' as a means of prevention.
Neither does 'pepper spray' or alarms or any other such thing......

Unless you are prepared to ride around in an armoured vehicle equipped with machine guns and rocket launchers your best defense is to NOT make yourself a target, be aware of your surroundings and travel well travelled routes during daylight hours!

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
So after you have gassed the hijackers and they have crashed into innocent bystanders and killed someone you get to go to jail.
Great plan

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
You could mount a GPS tracking device in your car, these are available now, and at least you can direct the police to the location of yoru vehicle after it is stolen.

Of course there is a chance the police or military were behind the carjacking in the first place so you might just let the bastards have your car.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
MrMike said:
You could mount a GPS tracking device in your car, these are available now, and at least you can direct the police to the location of yoru vehicle after it is stolen.

Of course there is a chance the police or military were behind the carjacking in the first place so you might just let the bastards have your car.
There is a Lojack franchise in the DR. Wonder if they ever recover a vehicle?
http://www.lojack.com.do/

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I think there was a cse in the news not too long ago that a car was recovered using this system.

The Lojack rep for Santiago is a friend of mine, her name is Dora Luz Hernandez, I can put anybody in touch who's interested.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
MrMike said:

There is already a system available in the Dominican Republic that works even better. You can stop your car by mobile phone. It is operated by Orange. The cost of the system is about 8000 pesos plus that there is a monthly fee. Check your local Orange dealer.

DEV

Dec 1, 2005
Bass boats have a lanyard attached to a kill switch on the console thus killing the engine if you're ejected accidently. Use the same principle but hook it up to a frag under the front seat.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Before anybody starts thinking about solutions were you still have to face the car jackers, please read the following:

Malaysia car thieves steal finger
By Jonathan Kent
BBC News, Kuala Lumpur

Police in Malaysia are hunting for members of a violent gang who chopped off a car owner's finger to get round the vehicle's hi-tech security system.
The car, a Mercedes S-class, was protected by a fingerprint recognition system.

Accountant K Kumaran's ordeal began when he was run down by four men in a small car as he was about to get into his Mercedes in a Kuala Lumpur suburb.

The gang, armed with long machetes, demanded the keys to his car.

It is worth around $75,000 second-hand on the local market, where prices are high because of import duties.

Stripped naked

The attackers forced Mr Kumaran to put his finger on the security panel to start the vehicle, bundled him into the back seat and drove off.

But having stripped the car, the thieves became frustrated when they wanted to restart it. They found they again could not bypass the immobiliser, which needs the owner's fingerprint to disarm it.

They stripped Mr Kumaran naked and left him by the side of the road - but not before cutting off the end of his index finger with a machete.

Police believe the gang is responsible for a series of thefts in the area.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Go for the Orange solution. The last thing you want is ending up in the same car as the car jackers. Let them have the car and stop the engine when they are about to get out of sight.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
My old auto detailer had a remote alarm system set up in his classic ferrari that would send thousands of volts through the drivers and passengers seat when activated. I've sat in the car when he cut it on and boy oh boy, you have no idea what it feels like getting thousands of volts thru your asss, hahahaha. Of course the highjackers will wreck your car and probably kill you. But it's an option, PM me if you want the contact info.

l_th

Jun 4, 2004
www.809k.com
Use Aurora by Orange..
GPS tracking
Remote control of your car via cell phone...let the carjackers drive off then just shutdown the car with a SMS.

Bonus points for aurora since it was created by 2 Dominicans

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
l_th said:
Remote control of your car via cell phone...let the carjackers drive off then just shutdown the car with a SMS.
Unless they steal you cellphone along with your car.:(

Any idea how much the system costs?

AQUACHEM11

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 12, 2004
a better solution is to have an alarm person rewire a hot lead to the outside portion of your door handle which can give a 12volt zap to anyone trying to force themselves in, the inner portion would be insulated,and doors would be locked so they got no bussiness touching your car.my electrian friend here in the states has done this to several friends cars i hear it works really good beacuse this system can be switched on when you park the car giving a car theif the shock of his life

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Aurora! Thats the name indeed. ;)

The system cost about $ 8000. You can close of your car from any phone as long as you have the alarm code.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
AQUACHEM11 said:
a better solution is to have an alarm person rewire a hot lead to the outside portion of your door handle which can give a 12volt zap to anyone trying to force themselves in, the inner portion would be insulated,and doors would be locked so they got no bussiness touching your car.my electrian friend here in the states has done this to several friends cars i hear it works really good beacuse this system can be switched on when you park the car giving a car theif the shock of his life
That system will also work to keep the squeegee kids away.:surprised