Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default idea to stop car jackers

my brother recently was carjacked at gunpoint in santiago and he says when getting jacked there really is nothing you can do about it. he is pretty much right on that one. but i came up with an idea. i am going to get my hands on a small cylinder of sleeping gas something similar to what the dentists use to knock you out maybe stronger install it under the driver seat with a small hose on it that leads up on somewhere near the air vents. the cylinder would be controled by an electric device and will be tripped by a button easily accesible once im jacked. so when and if i get jacked ill hit the button they take the car and a few minutes later ill get my car back. maybe crashed but ill be VERY satisfied knowing that they wont take something that isnt theirs and they didnt earn. so what do you guys think about my idea. its not that complicated to do.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a better idea. Theres a car alarm in the market that once you turn on the vehicle, if the driver's door is opened and then closed (as in when someone takes you out of your car and then takes it & go), the vehicle's electric system will shut down in a certain time frame (1-3 mins I believe). This option is probably safer than the one you're trying to rig.

E.

gary short

Great idea. Or replace the cylinder of sleeping gas with propane and with a triggering device you could fry them at your leisure.......except I guess your car would be torched.........OK forget it. I've got it...... an ejection seat, press a button and you cream them against your roof........Oh the blood and gore..........never mind. You know you could drive around with a pit bull as your passenger, not for long periods, otherwise you'ld have to put a diaper on Fido. Ever tried to put a diaper on a pitbull?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

When we enter, we always lock our car doors, The windows are closed in town and we stop for nobody. Is it still possible to get carjacked? Canadian Bob.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canadian bob
    When we enter, we always lock our car doors, The windows are closed in town and we stop for nobody. Is it still possible to get carjacked? Canadian Bob.
    They can still smash the window and pull you out by opening the door, I carry a can of pepper spray in the car if this happends.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joseinoa
    my brother recently was carjacked at gunpoint in santiago and he says when getting jacked there really is nothing you can do about it. he is pretty much right on that one. but i came up with an idea. i am going to get my hands on a small cylinder of sleeping gas something similar to what the dentists use to knock you out maybe stronger install it under the driver seat with a small hose on it that leads up on somewhere near the air vents. the cylinder would be controled by an electric device and will be tripped by a button easily accesible once im jacked. so when and if i get jacked ill hit the button they take the car and a few minutes later ill get my car back. maybe crashed but ill be VERY satisfied knowing that they wont take something that isnt theirs and they didnt earn. so what do you guys think about my idea. its not that complicated to do.
    The gas that dentists use, nitrous oxide (also known as sweet air or laughing gas) doesn't produce anesthesia (sleep), but produces relaxation, euphoria and amnesia. The dentists use an IV injectable when they want complete anesthesia, such as sodium pentothal. Your plan would only produce a very happy car-jacker who can't remember a damn thing. True inhalant anesthetic agents, such as halothane, require complex equipment to convert them from liquid to gas.

If this were a workable idea don't you think that airliner cabins would be equipped to render the highjackers unconcious?
    Last edited by HOWMAR; 03-11-2006 at 10:56 AM.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy You're all ditz!!!

The car jackings that have happened between San Pedro and Higuey this last few weeks have all involved two vehicles filled with gun toting men that sandwich the car being 'jacked' to force it to stop.
    Locked doors and closed windows count for 'nada' as a means of prevention.
    Neither does 'pepper spray' or alarms or any other such thing......

Unless you are prepared to ride around in an armoured vehicle equipped with machine guns and rocket launchers your best defense is to NOT make yourself a target, be aware of your surroundings and travel well travelled routes during daylight hours!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

So after you have gassed the hijackers and they have crashed into innocent bystanders and killed someone you get to go to jail.
    Great plan

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You could mount a GPS tracking device in your car, these are available now, and at least you can direct the police to the location of yoru vehicle after it is stolen.

Of course there is a chance the police or military were behind the carjacking in the first place so you might just let the bastards have your car.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike
    You could mount a GPS tracking device in your car, these are available now, and at least you can direct the police to the location of yoru vehicle after it is stolen.

Of course there is a chance the police or military were behind the carjacking in the first place so you might just let the bastards have your car.
    There is a Lojack franchise in the DR. Wonder if they ever recover a vehicle?
    http://www.lojack.com.do/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast