Drum teacher; employment at international schools

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
hi
thought id post this to see what you think!!!!!!!
im moving to the DR in 12 mths and will be looking for things to do! whats the chance of obtaining some work VISITING the schools and teaching drums ..pay?????

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
There is a music school in Santiago called "Drums", I don't know if they are hiring teachers but it seems like they might be. I doubt you would make alot, besides the teachers they have (one of whom is the owner) are some of the most amazing drummers I have ever seen so you'd have to be pretty good.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Mr Mike:

When you get a chance can you post the address/number of "Drums" or general vicinity.

gracias!

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Do you know where "Materno Infantil" is, off of the Ave. Juan Pablo Duarte? Take a right up that street, you'll be going the wrong way up a one way street but it seems alot of people do this, either that or take a right next to the Plaza Internacional on the side with the Movie rental place, then take another right at the next corner and another right so you circle around the block and you can get to it that way without driving against traffic.

It's a single story house with a banner that says "DRUMS" outside.

The number I have is 809-581-3741 I just can't remember if that's Pablo's personal number or the business phone #. It's been a while since I've called them. (maybe over a year)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Claro que si!
Soy Baterista professional, y estudiante de Tambora y Guirra.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
OK, I am a guitarrist and vocalist/composer.

Haven't done much with music since I've been in the DR, but I did have a band for awhile with some really good Santiago musicians in it. We have been talking about putting the band back together but everyone is married with kids now so nobody has time to do anything serious, plus our drummer moved to the US.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If you find a studio with a kit in it, I would love to Jam next time i make the voyage! I will give you a few weeks notice.