Sunday's Games

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Cuba upset Venezuela, looking in very fine form, 7-2. It was 7-0 for a long time, when Venezuela finally got on the board with a home run.

Ichiro hit a home run on his first bat to start Japan off 1-0 against the US. Of note, Jeter made a great bunt to arrive safely at first (third base couldn't get it out of his glove to make the throw on time) and advance runner to second. Ken Griffey struck out, and A-Rod bat into a double play. End of first, Japan leading US 1-0.

PS:
Miguel, I actually asked Angel about what "marco" literally meant, because he always calls A-Rod un marco. I thought long ago that he told me that it was a frog, but didn't want to say so without asking him for sure. Rana is a small frog, marco a big frog (maybe toad)?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
monster said:
they cheated the japanese

I had to run errands today, and wanted to do them in the afternoon so I could enjoy the DR/PR game. (What enjoyment. argh.) Angel says the umps were totally calling against Japan in their match against the USA, and there's going to be lots of controversy. Any thoughts?

I'm also just a little confused over the DR/PR game. Why is a man (Soriano) who is batting 0-13 first bat? He sucks, get him out!

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
trina said:
I had to run errands today, and wanted to do them in the afternoon so I could enjoy the DR/PR game. (What enjoyment. argh.) Angel says the umps were totally calling against Japan in their match against the USA, and there's going to be lots of controversy. Any thoughts?

I'm also just a little confused over the DR/PR game. Why is a man (Soriano) who is batting 0-13 first bat? He sucks, get him out!

Like yourself, I was also running errands today so that I can enjoy the game between Korea and Mexico.

A very impressive win by Puerto Rico and Cuba.