working visa

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
I have a Dominican working visa because I was recently living in Sosua as a teacher. I have come home to Canada early but am returning to the Dominican Republic at the end of March. This visa is still valid to help me get into the country and work, but it expires in August. Anyone know the process of renewing it? Should it be done here in Canada first or can I do it once I'm in the country? (Also, anyone know if there is a fee for renewal?) Thanks for any help!

(ps- I've already emailed the embassy directly about this a few times with no responses, and I've called, only to have my call redirected several times, I've been cut off, and left about 4 messages on different answering machines... all to no avail. So I've opted for seeing if anyone here might know a thing or two) :)

Int'lClCtr

Mar 13, 2006
Visa Working

Hi There,

A visa should be renewed 3 months before expiration date and also a fee has to be paid.

You can obtain more information by entering into their website...
www.uscis.gov

I hope this has helped!

Int'lClCtr

Mar 13, 2006
Hi There,

A visa should be renewed 3 months before expiration date and also a fee has to be paid.

You can obtain more information by entering into their website...
www.uscis.gov

I hope this has helped

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
emj_08 said:
I have a Dominican working visa because I was recently living in Sosua as a teacher. I have come home to Canada early but am returning to the Dominican Republic at the end of March. This visa is still valid to help me get into the country and work, but it expires in August. Anyone know the process of renewing it? Should it be done here in Canada first or can I do it once I'm in the country? (Also, anyone know if there is a fee for renewal?) Thanks for any help!

(ps- I've already emailed the embassy directly about this a few times with no responses, and I've called, only to have my call redirected several times, I've been cut off, and left about 4 messages on different answering machines... all to no avail. So I've opted for seeing if anyone here might know a thing or two) :)

I'm confused about the working visa thing... would it be that you have your temporary residency and cedula? If that's the case, then you have to renew it down here, close to the date of expiration if not after.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Working visas are not very well known in the Dominican Republic. Usually people come in on a tourist visa, start work and then get a temporary cedula. I've also sent you a pm.