I wanna be Eddy Herrera :(

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Eddy Herrera the merenguero from Santiago was the talk of the town, well at least, among girls in Santiago on Saturday night. He was scheduled to play at the BIU pub disco (formerly known as Boomrang). I have heard his music but was never really impressed by any of his songs. He was Ok to me so I didn’t really see what the big fuss was over his concert in town. We were at AHIBAR restaurant / bar when my friend was approached by 2 cute rubias (young fake blond girls). They were really cute and well dressed. He talked for a while and then came back with an offer to take the girls to BIU pub for the concert. I agreed and off we went. The girls had their own car so they followed behind. As we reached the place, I noticed the place was packed and a line of cute girls walking in, groups and with guys. I must say it was 75 % girls and all of them miss universe quality. I have never seen so many beautiful girls packed into a disco for an artist. Still I didn’t get the whole picture. When we came to door, needless to say the owner jumped off the seat and invited us inside for free. He even opened the door. I always get in free but this was a top act concert and we were 4 people. Turns out my friend (a big shot) who had done a favor to the disco and saved the owner a lot of money. No wonder the arrogant owner opened the door himself. The girls were impressed and so was I.
Once inside, I was shocked to see the whole place was full of hot shot girls. Santiago is famous for beautiful women but that night was a dream come true for single men all over. The girls were in abundance and dressed to kill. All were sitting patiently and looking their best.
Then at 1am the band came on stage and music played to welcome the artist. Then the disco uplifts in a roar of screaming women and the artist comes in. At that point, everything made perfect sense and I understood the whole deal. Eddy Herrera has to be the most handsome Dominican singer around. He is tall, well built, handsome and extremely sure of himself. As he walked by girls, they were all melting. So he stopped and pounded his chest for a few girls who were dying to take a picture with him. The manager rushed him on to stage while the girls were still screaming. All the cell phone cameras came out and everyone was taking pictures of their idol. Then he started singing. Seems like every song he sang was a mega hit in DR. I had not realized that he had so many hit singles. He started his concert with his top single. The man had anchoring voice and he stood tall with confidence while sex pouring from him. The girls were all going monkey crazy around him. Then the show started, not by him, but by girls. Seems like it’s a custom for girls to walk up on stage and hug and kiss him while he is singing. One by one, some of the hottest looking girls walked up on stage and hugged him and kissed him while someone took their pictures. This went on for the duration of the whole concert. They just won’t leave him alone. Many girls went up to stage many times just to squeeze hug their Dominican god. I have never seen girls go so crazy over a Dominican artist. He sexed them good.
I was left thinking, wow, he has it all made. Rich, famous, handsome, healthy and all the girls in the world he can handle. He simply has to point at the girl and she is his. The man can sing and he sings well. He is a santiaguero who has swept the women off their feet all over this island. I want to be in his shoes only for a day. I wish.
I was also left wondering: when people say “god has created everyone equal…” I guess people didn’t realize, god was only joking when he said that. Not everyone is created and I have seen that with my own eyes. Or maybe god was only joking when he created me.

Finally the night ended with everyone on their feet through out the whole concert while I was upset for bringing dates along. I could have the pick of the cream of the crop that night. Even the chopos were picking up class act women. There were so many more women than men that it brought tears to my eyes. We both were all tied down with our dates; all we could do was watch the girls in utmost poignancy.
So girls, take a break from the aventura (bachata chopos) and go see a real handsome Dominican merenguero artist for a change. I can assure you that you all will not be disappointed.
AZB

Last edited:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Man I don't wanna see you drunk.

If you thought all those girls at BIU were Miss universe quality you must have had more than a few at Ahibar. Do you realize that you described Eddy Herrera as having "sex pouring from him" ?

Were you still drunk when you wrote your review?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
MrMike said:
If you thought all those girls at BIU were Miss universe quality you must have had more than a few at Ahibar. Do you realize that you described Eddy Herrera as having "sex pouring from him" ?

Were you still drunk when you wrote your review?
Mr.Mike, you would be correct if you were at BIU pub at a regular night, mostly chopas, but not when eddy herrera was playing. You had to see these women. they were hottttttt. I was surprised to see the quality myself.

Anyway, one doesn't have to be a homo-sexual to admire a man who happen to be good looking. When I said sex was pouring from all over him, I meant to say he was sexing up the women. Of course, I was too busy admiring the women all around me.
AZB

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
let us enjoy it and have fun with it...

AZB said:
Anyway, one doesn't have to be a homo-sexual to admire a man who happen to be good looking. When I said sex was pouring from all over him, I meant to say he was sexing up the women. Of course, I was too busy admiring the women all around me.
AZB

methinks thou doth protest too much...

just kidding:cool: ...

I used to think Eddy Herrera was a pervert (see lyrics to that "demaciada ni?a" song - can't remember the exact name, or if that is it), then used to think he was just a wannabe because he couldn't come up with anything original. All his biggest hits were songs originally sung by another artist. Now that he's been around forever, I've gained some respect for him. I admit, I love the sound of his voice (I esp like "Carolina", an oldie), and he is hot. If I had been there, I may have been one of those girls screaming and melting. Maybe. I actually find Alex Bueno and Frank Reyes hotter and sexier than he is. freaky.sexy.

yankee

Nov 24, 2004
hay mr. azb. eddy herrera did you also notice that he has a pigs nose with all that money he is making if i were him i would get a nose job then maybee i will agree with you. i have seen him up close he is no frigen big deal he is just very talented. the same happens when tono rosario sings all the girls go crazy the awnser to that is fame. man i would never call another man atractive what the hell is wrong with you man.?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yankee said:
hay mr. azb. eddy herrera did you also notice that he has a pigs nose with all that money he is making if i were him i would get a nose job then maybee i will agree with you. i have seen him up close he is no frigen big deal he is just very talented. the same happens when tono rosario sings all the girls go crazy the awnser to that is fame. man i would never call another man atractive what the hell is wrong with you man.?
Hahahaha, funny.
I am so sorry for calling another man attractive. I promise to seek profesional help.
Aside from joke, I would love to be like him, fat nose or not, women find him hot and it seems, he is no tono rosario. Women openly say tono is ugly and I personally find that guy unstylish chopo.
I have never seen eddy herrera untill saturday and I must say, the guy knows how to stir up the women. I have seen many dominican acts and will repeat, that no one stirs up so much heat among women as he did.
whether like it or not, but if god had given me his body, I would be at another level by now.
Now guys, I am not gay and don't desire to jump in bed with him. I am simply admiring him as we all admire a car or a boat an air plane etc.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yankee said:
thats a gay mind at work. maybee deep down inside your gay ? you need help .
Ok, so since you have gotten this off your shoulders, can we get back to the topic? by the way, this thread is for women who may not have known about this artist. Why are you so concerned who is gay and who is not? Maybe be you are looking for something in my thread that I may not be aware of?
By the way, how do you know so much about a gay mind? I guess it takes one to know one.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
MrMike said:
For the record I never accused AZB of being gay, only of being sooo drunk he was attracted to EVERYONE.
Mr.mike I know you are too cool to be calling me gay, you know me better than that. What makes me upset is that some people just get fixated on to a key word and twist the whole thread into that issue alone. They simply jump on the band-wagon like brainwashed zombies.
This guy yankee is all over me and another one for calling a man good looking. How insecure of these men to not having the ability to even think that far. That is sad. So if some one has a son who has the looks to drive women crazy, wouldn't the dad call his son a handsome young man? What is wrong with that? Now I have admired a man who truely is handsome; So does that make me a gay?
Me no think so.
AZB

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Speaking of pictures I just need everybody understand what you are missing right now.

My wife is coaching the Dominican Miss World team right now, and her computer hard disk is completely full of all the pictures of contestant hopefulls, bathing suit auditions and the whole works.

She made me swear a solemn vow that none of these pictures would ever end up on DR1 for any reason, but still I thought you should all know what you are missing.

Maybe if I can get ahold of some official photos that are actually intended for public consumption I can post some of those, but what we have so far is internal use only.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
i have heard that Eddy Herrera is gay. He has wife, kids but i have heard he is gay though. I'm not being jealous of his talent, fame, money, etc etc,, i'm just saying what i've heard.

going back to the topic... he sings good but his songs are a hit b/c those
songs were already hits with original artists. At least Aventura, especially Anthony have original songs; and he writes songs himself. But anyhow one has to admit that
Edd Herrera is well-liked by girls b/c he is tall, well built, can sing, has money
and he acts very professional and carries himself well when he speaks.

kicker98

Sep 15, 2004
AZB do not be too concern with Yankee's comments. There are those that don't know where they stand, therefore, they are insecure and afraid for themselves. The fact is Eddy Herrera is famous, has a good voice and if other find him attractive than more power to him.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
AZB said:
... What makes me upset is that some people just get fixated on to a key word and twist the whole thread into that issue alone. They simply jump on the band-wagon like brainwashed zombies...

AZB
Welcome to the "club" AZB, welcome to the "club".

He he he... ;) :cool: :D

-NALs

Sep 19, 2005
well I went and saw Tono Rosario... and the girls did the same thing!!!! they went ga ga.. he had two body guards within 2 feet on each side of him.. and they were constantly getting up and moving the chicas back.
and who can say he is good looking?

so i think its mostly a famous person thing for these girls. I went online and looked up this guys picture...he aint good looking enough for me to say so.
now there are some guys that have the looks that us jealous guys cant deny. Maybe someone like Chyenne or how ever you spell his name...maybe that guy i can understand a straight guy admiting he is good looking.........but not Eddy Herrera!!!!

now I can accept the fact that AZB knows a hottie when he sees one and for him to be admitting all these babes, even ones from the sticks, are hot....must have been a good night.

maybe even a dumb green gringo could have got lucky that night!

my buddy used to always go to the bar the night they had PICKLE NIGHT...which his way of saying ther male revue was there that night. they let the guys in after the show ends.. and you have all these babes still seating it out.. and the "hunks" are gone......thats what id compare sat night after eddy played, with!!

but AZB didnt tell us how bad he suffered with his dates after they left the bar..........could it be that EDDY H got them so riled up, AZB had a walk in the park!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not asking!!!!!! just thinking out loud!!!!!!!! ha ha ha

bob

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Where have you been!!

AZB said:
Eddy Herrera the merenguero from Santiago was the talk of the town, well at least, among girls in Santiago on Saturday night. He was scheduled to play at the BIU pub disco (formerly known as Boomrang). I have heard his music but was never really impressed by any of his songs. He was Ok to me so I didn’t really see what the big fuss was over his concert in town.
Now you are seeing something that many, even in Mexico, have been seeing for years.

The guy has been around for an eternity!. How long?:

Well, let's just say that he was a member of Wilfrido Vargas' band back in the early 80's.

I have seen him perform a few times and even if I am not a big fan of his, the guy knows how to please a crowd. He is a very good show-man and is VERY well liked by the femeninas.

Now, get a hold of yourself and go back to thinking that I am the best looking Dominican that God created!!!. LOL.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
AZB... Gay?

If a straight guy refers to another guy as "handsome", will the straight guy be considered gay?

Perhaps, but (and this is a big but), there seems to be a wave of relaxation regarding these things.

For those of you who watch the show "The Big Idea" on CNBC (right after "Mad Money" with Jim Cramer - this is a very entertaining show for stock buffs, but it's only good to let you know if you bought the right stock or not prior to the show. Why? Let's just say, the best time to jump into the bandwagon is before everybody else does and the best time to jump out is after everybody else starts jumping in). Anyways, on "The Big Idea", the host Donny Deutsch constantly refers to guys as "handsome" and later reiterate that there is nothing wrong with a straight guy calling another guy "handsome".

There seems to be some sort of influence by the media and people's perception of things and quite frankly, a guy that calls another guy "handsome" is not necessarily indicative of such person's sexual orientation, at least not anymore among a growing number of social circles.

Of course, I will never use any word to judge a guy, but apparently many guys are dropping the macho stand and taking a more liberal view of these things.

-NALs

http://www.bigideadonny.com/