Cotui or nearby areas

Queya2

Jun 28, 2004
My friend's husband is going to donate one week as a surgeon in the town of Cotui.

Jet Blue is about $350 round trip which makes it possible for her to go if she can keep her other expenses down.

Her husband will have a house on a lake near Cotui but there may not be space for her.

Where do you recommend she stay that might be an hour away and not a real tourist trap?

My friend is looking for a quite place to relax and read. Maybe get in some walking.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

?GRACIAS!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
El Rancho del Lago is the only option in Cotui, as far as I know. It's also near the lake and is a nice place to relax and go on walks. It's foreign-owned but I wouldn't describe it as a tourist-trap. Cotui is not a tourist-trap type area.

I haven't been lately so they'll need to double check it is still open.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I stayed at Rancho del Lago last year, and found it to be perfectly adequate and clean accomodation (although a bit run down) for RD800. The beautiful grounds, lovely view and proximity to the lake would IMHO make up for any defeciencies in the rooms.

No real reason to go further, but within an hour of Cotui, is San Fransisco De Macoris. Hotel Las Caobas there is much nicer, probably similar in price, but it is about a 30-40 minute drive from Cotui.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Rancho Del lago is owned by a french man and his dominican wife. In fact he is me ex brother in law. . .Jean Louis. The hotel is fine for the price. The lake is nice as well. The hotel has a pool and Jean Louis used to have another pool open to the public a bit further down the road closer to the lake. . . .