Res. Lucerna?

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Lucerna is a Dominican York neighborhood. Perhaps the catch is, that it belongs to a drug dealer in NY who was caught by the Feds and now needs money for lawyer expenses. Some roads are not paved at the request of the residents. They don't like their street becoming a race track, as it was explained to me. Anyway, the neighborhood is behind the Mega Centro, one of the biggest shopping mall in the caribbean. Another catch is that part of Lucerna used to be waterlogged it used to be a savanna fill with lagoons. Once, there used to be a lagoon named "el cachon de la rubia" named after a blond girl who drowned there. Best bet is to see the house during the wet season.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Beg to differ.

Stodgord said:
Lucerna is a Dominican York neighborhood. Perhaps the catch is, that it belongs to a drug dealer in NY who was caught by the Feds and now needs money for lawyer expenses. Some roads are not paved at the request of the residents. They don't like their street becoming a race track, as it was explained to me. Anyway, the neighborhood is behind the Mega Centro, one of the biggest shopping mall in the caribbean. Another catch is that part of Lucerna used to be waterlogged it used to be a savanna fill with lagoons. Once, there used to be a lagoon named "el cachon de la rubia" named after a blond girl who drowned there. Best bet is to see the house during the wet season.

My friend Stodgord, I know the area very well.
When I was a young pup (about 10), My friend Miguel and I used to go to "el cachon de la rubia" mostly every other day after school.
Back then, circa 1960, this place was a spring that pooled into a large lagoon where a lot of us "tigeritos" used to make the long trek to swim in its cool waters. At that time "el cachon" was a place of pristine beauty where a lot of strange birds and colorful fish used to make it their home.
But ...Alas. The last time I went to visit, (2003) this beautiful creek had dried up and a vertedero (garbage dump) had been laid on top of it. The wonderful memories of my childhood became moot. I felt as though I had lost someone very dear to me. It is a damn shame to see something this wonderful disappear forever. We humans don't appreciate what nature has given us. how sad is that?

Lucerna does not flood even in the rainy season.