Gift Ideas/campo

latina16

Mar 1, 2006
My school has this program where we will be staying in los cacaos for about 2 weeks during the summer. We go to promote economic/political/social issues and more. Along with some charity stuff.
We will be getting family placement. We get to stay with about six different familles (i think thats how much it was). We are encouraged to bring each family a gift.
My teacher gave some examples like candles and said alot of people bring souvenirs from the counrty we are comeing from. In my case Canada I live there but was born in the D.R. Any ideas?
:bunny: ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :glasses: :surprised :paranoid:

miniplumeria1a.jpg

202.jpg

896.jpg

stickers/coulouring books for kids/clothes/

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Lots of choices-

Latina16,

I think this is a wonderful experience for you and I really hope you have a great time! Please report back. Remember you will be representing the DR to your schoolmates and Canada at the same time.

In my opinion the smallest token will be appreciated but bring something that has significance. Yes, for small children coloring books, crayons, stickers, pencil crayons etc. as you said are wonderful ideas. Also small stuffed animals (maybe?). For the host family something impersonal is always ideal.

I always have to bring gifts for people that I don't know in the DR and other countries and I usually end up bringing Canadian handicrafts like picture frames, candle holders, small clocks, cups (mugs), key rings etc. Go to any souvenir shop and you should be fine. Lots to choose from if you are in TO or Montreal.

Bonne chance!

-LDG.