Jungle Riders

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There are talkers, then there are doers.
Here are some of "real" bikers, minus Garth & Simon, who were off to Cabarete to get a couple more bikes.

Picture029.jpg

Peter & Garth (left to right) wearing head gear. Peter had a good excuse, as the last time he drove a bike in this country, he slammed into a horse so hard in Cabarete, that he killed the horse. I don't know what Garth's excuse was.

Picture044.jpg

Who would have believed that we could be that deep into the jungle, and run into a traffic jam?
It would seem that the river was much higher than usual, so we waited to see how the cows got accross, and planned our crossing from there.

Picture058.jpg

This particular crossing is the "Bermuda Triangle" of river crossings, and invariably claims at least 1 bike, but who would have guessed that it would claim, Alanindr. I wonder if it had anything to do with that 8 year old baldini rear tire of his....

Picture064.jpg

Luckily, Alan was well prepared, had a tool kit on hand, and with a bit of 'savy" and perseverance, we got that machine up & running, and made it to El Choro in Jamao, for eats & drinks.

Picture070.jpg

The usual Sunday crowd was there, cliff jumpers and all...

Picture071.jpg

We almost made it back without incidents, when Ray got a flat tire. Fortunately, Ted had a "Quick Fix It Kit", that got us to the nearest gomero, and we were back on the road within 15 minutes.

Picture078.jpg

Stay tuned for more, as the North Coast Boys dream up new adventures...

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Great Pics

Reminds me of days gone by. I haven't been out to Choro in years. I'll have to get out there again. (Driving on 4 wheels in my case) .

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Alan has lost weight. you look fit and healthy man, keep up the good work.
I know this river and its a great place to spend the afternoon.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
rocky, please post directions to this river. Coming from santiago. can I get there in a car or it has to be a 4x4?
AZB

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It's extremely difficult by car.
In fact, as high as the rivers were on Sunday, it would be risky with a 4 X 4.
The directions are a bit complicated, so I may have to leave that for later, when the rush is over, here.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ok, the river is long and there are places where one can reach by car. I have done it once a long time ago.
The area we went to is owned by Guarito gomez from puerto plata. He has a nice location where the river passes through and tourists come by bus loads everyday to spend the afternoon there.
AZB

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
AZB said:
ok, the river is long and there are places where one can reach by car. I have done it once a long time ago.
The area we went to is owned by Guarito gomez from puerto plata. He has a nice location where the river passes through and tourists come by bus loads everyday to spend the afternoon there.
AZB

can you elaborate as to how to get to this river in pto plata (coming from
santiago)?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Broad Shoulders

HOWMAR said:
Alan seems to have the same luck going "all in" on a motorcycle as he has in poker.
Go ahead.
Take your best shots now, while you can.
The guy's got broad shoulders.
He can take it....

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Rocky said:
Go ahead.
Take your best shots now, while you can.
The guy's got broad shoulders.
He can take it....
I just worry when I see the perils you expose my annuity to.;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
THE GAME said:
can you elaborate as to how to get to this river in pto plata (coming from
santiago)?
i forgot how to get there. It was many years ago when I went there, not to mention, had a few drinks while I was in water.

A

apostropheman

Rocky said:
I'm sure we can get another ride going when you arrive in 2 weeks.

those things come with training wheels?:cool:

looks like "some" of the riders could have used them:cheeky:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
apostropheman said:
those things come with training wheels?:cool:

looks like "some" of the riders could have used them:cheeky:
I'm afraid I'm going to have to rescind that offer of riding with you when you get here, now that I've seen your wheels....

PW50_pinned.jpg

A

apostropheman

SWEET! i bet THAT would have made it across the river...i'd add a live preserver and be all set!