location of school

JoeJoe

Mar 6, 2006
I found out the location of the school I am going to in Santo Domingo he said it was in the Zona Colonial (just south of El Conde - the main road running from the Parque Independencia to the Parque Colon). Does anyone know where that is? and if you do can you please give me information on the area.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Colonial Zone is a tourist area -- site of the first city in the Americas. Only know of one major school down there -- Salome Ure?a public school. Must be some kind of institute for specialized courses.

JoeJoe

Mar 6, 2006
yes its kind of a study abroad program to learn spanish. Is it a good area considering I will be living with a host family there?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Interesting area. Some homes of the very wealthy, others middle class homes. But it could be that you will not be living there, just taking classes there.

JoeJoe

Mar 6, 2006

well apparently the host families are all very close to the school some walking distance etc.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
At over $1000 per month, one of the larger money makers around.

You can study at Berlitz(intensive courses are pretty cheap), live in a pension/hotel for about $300 a month, and be immersed in the Dominican culture, and still have money to play with....

You can Study at one of the universities for a lot less, too.

Oh well, to each his own..

H :(:(:(

JoeJoe

Mar 6, 2006
Do you have any more information about other schools that offer the spanish courses for international students.. that include shelter etc. thank you so much your help would be greatly appreciated.