building depot

charlessquare

Nov 12, 2005
Hello anyone
I wonder if there is a Home Depot -style warehouse here in the DR where i can buy my building materials,tiles,doors ,windows,.Needs to be fairly big because i want to export to an english island.
Thank you for any reply
carlo

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
OchoA (8A) is in Santiago.
Let me understand this better. You want to buy building materials retail in the DR and export them?

charlessquare

Nov 12, 2005
Yes sir
Tiles,hardwood doors,windows,clay roof tiles,you see the island where i live has none of this,so we import building materials from USA,Trinidad,Barbados,etc
Carlo

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
There are lots of places in the DR to get materials...

....Ochoa was a great suggestion as one of them. The bigger question is how do you select the materials and make sure you are going to have them all get to you on your island well packed, and in some economical and decent "time related" fashion?

Will you use "Tropical" and load one of their containers? What about the "demurrage" for the container while loading? Who will load the container? Who will make sure its packed securely? Who will make sure it gets to the port and onto the boat safely and insured for your contents?

If you have some suggestions for part II, I would be interested in that as well.

diego

Aug 16, 2003
Forget Ochoa in Santiago they have a few steel doors but nothing in wood, and not a single window. Your best bet would be to go to the Home depot website where you can order on line and they will arrange export.

charlessquare

Nov 12, 2005
Hello guys
I think i got the message
Forget about it,too much hassle,and way too many variables and uncertaintes.
When it comes down to business you need to know how much,when, and where.
I'll buy from Florida Home Depot.
Heartfelt thanks for your advice
Charles

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
By the way...which island are you heading to?

Would still be interested in the arranged transportation and export from Home Depot in the States.....Thanks.

diego

Aug 16, 2003
On the home depot website you will find this

For more information and to order a free Exporters Catalogue*, call The Home Depot International Sales Department today at (954) 922-9731 or send an e-mail to THD_Exports@homedepot.com.